ld9 4-1 header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ld9 4-1 header
Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:30 PM
i just put a 4-1 stainless steel header on my 2000 sunfire gt. and its been sounding like it has an exhaust leak. so i was listening to it with the hood open and it was coming from near the intake manifold, and come to find out there was a perfect hole with 3 bolt holes around it but nothing was there, does anyone know what was there or should be there and can i just make a plate and get some bolts and just plug it up. the noise is really annoying. thanks.

Re: ld9 4-1 header
Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:34 PM
Egr goes there're on earlier models.

Your car does not have egr. You have the wrong exhaust manifold gasket on if air is coming out that hole. The proper gasket will block that.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:38 PM
sweet thanks. would it be a bad idea to block it off also or would it matter?
Friday, October 25, 2013 2:26 PM
john clair wrote:sweet thanks. would it be a bad idea to block it off also or would it matter?

It is not needed, but wont hurt.

GM actually made a block off plate for it.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:18 AM
ive been looking everywhere for the block off plate. i cant find it anywhere. guess ill just make my own.
Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:56 PM
Gm part number#24575505, bolts are #11517518

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:30 PM
id run the 99-02 ext. gasket to just close it off so the exhaust doesnt run through the head. it will heat it up on that side, sure its designed for it but its not ideal for a performance set-up. plus, the #4 exhaust flow wont be messed up in any way, too.

id still do the block off plate so it cleans up the front of the head, though....

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search