Meth injection on N/A Quad 4... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Meth injection on N/A Quad 4...
Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:20 PM
herro boys, its your neighborhood friendly meth addict here checking in with yet another idea id like opinions on...

anyways, we all know that meth/water injection works very well on our cars when in boosted form, especially a supercharged car due to the added heat associated with pulleying down on a roots blower. around here meth/water inection is basically only thought of as a heat deterant as well as an octane booster to get closer to MBT before knock occours. not many realize that meth is also an oxidizer fuel carrying I believe its a 50% O2 content. in comparison nitro methane is 70% O2 (top fuel classes). if meth were used as the sole fuel this would mean huge benefits, however... gasoline is going to be the primary fuel with a little methanol added on top as a secondary source.

what i propose is instead of using 51% water and 49% meth like most of us have used in boosted applications to simply use 100% meth, no water in my all motor quad 4 build. SCR should be around 10.5:1. now, i know what some will say.. well you are probably not even going to "NEED" the meth because you will hit MBT on premium. well, let me explain...

the 180hp LG0 "HO" quad 4 runs 180hp in stock form using 310cc injectors. what i would like to run are RC Engineering 270cc injectors and a meth kit for the required remainder in WOT. the way i see it even the 310's would be maxed out on this engine due to its "massaged" nature. i am hoping for 200whp on gasoline and 220whp assisted by meth. the way i see it is we'll say the 270's hit 85% IDC at say 5500 RPM.... then the methanol will take over from there carrying the fuel load up to 7500. granted i realize that lots of time on the dyno getting everything just right during that transition is going to be key. but, this i believe is the factor that is going to push this motor up in output enough to get my car to run 12's all motor.

i have read and have been told time and time again, the best set-up takes as much gasoline out of the equation as possible and replaces it with methanol.

so with that said, i also propose using the kit along side a direct port wet nitrous set-up down the road, but rather using the meth kit to supply the extra needed fuel instead of tapping into the fuel line itself. this will allow a HELL of a lot more meth to be used... not to mention no need to kill the the timing for the shot or worry about detonation during the shot. and hell, people have successfully sprayed 125-175 shots on these motors just using gasoline, i dont see any problem going a bit further to maybe a 200-250 shot as long as meth is used as the fuel source. but brad, why not just run race gas? LOL because race gas is very expensive and this is not a full out drag car without a budget.

so, thoughts? im in the final parts collection stage and just about ready to start assembly on this thing.. FINALLY. im hoping to be able to run this deal this summer but who knows... we'll see.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Re: Meth injection on N/A Quad 4...
Monday, November 11, 2013 4:59 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:...so with that said, i also propose using the kit along side a direct port wet nitrous set-up down the road, but rather using the meth kit to supply the extra needed fuel instead of tapping into the fuel line itself. this will allow a HELL of a lot more meth to be used... not to mention no need to kill the the timing for the shot or worry about detonation during the shot. and hell, people have successfully sprayed 125-175 shots on these motors just using gasoline...

I was reading and nodding my head till I read this... The air-fuel mixture coming from the wet side would be completely wrong if you inserted meth instead of gas...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 11, 2013 6:33 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:...so with that said, i also propose using the kit along side a direct port wet nitrous set-up down the road, but rather using the meth kit to supply the extra needed fuel instead of tapping into the fuel line itself. this will allow a HELL of a lot more meth to be used... not to mention no need to kill the the timing for the shot or worry about detonation during the shot. and hell, people have successfully sprayed 125-175 shots on these motors just using gasoline...

I was reading and nodding my head till I read this... The air-fuel mixture coming from the wet side would be completely wrong if you inserted meth instead of gas...

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

That being said I think there's plenty to gain from running meth on an NA motor. If IATs aren't a problem then go 100% meth and see what happens. Definitely keep us posted with results.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, November 11, 2013 8:49 AM
why wouldnt you be able to use meth instead of gasoline for nitrous? yes, obviously fine tuning would be required and yes i know that a larger fuel jet will be needed...

its like spraying race gas with the nitrous without the cost. not to mention meth is better than race gas because it cools better and like i said, its an oxidizer which should only make the nitrous hit that much more affective.

its all speculation anyway but if you read about it online at say ls1 tech or honda tech, its being done.

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:15 AM
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/a56/Optimize-Your-Nitrous-System-With-A-Water-Methanol-Injection-System/article_info.html

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 11, 2013 4:40 PM
I'm not sure if I would run RC injectors, and I would not go with smaller injectors. Go with injectors sized for your power levels.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:57 AM
well see i either have 270's or 550's. the 550s would be closer but i really love the idea of supplementing with meth. not only to help the injectors and fuel demands but also to replace as much gasoline as i can with meth which is what i would be doing using larger injectors anyway. also, this way i dont have to moth ball the 270s because they are too small/useless and really, the 550's are for my white car with m45, so...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:27 PM
i admire your fortitude with this platform brad.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:29 PM
^^^^^^^right there^^^^^^

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search