Cooling fans and radiators aftermaret - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cooling fans and radiators aftermaret
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:45 PM
I know a long while back people installed dual fans on their cars off of v6 grand am's and g6's. I'm looking to see what people are using and what radiators they have used. I'm aware Griffin Radiator made some years back as well. I'm posting because the turbo LN2 we have starts to get hot when you're having fun and with a lower t stat and fan tweaks via hpt we have got them to come down faster but we still plan on upgrading to a bigger aluminum radiator and fan. We know for a fact that there is no air in the system as we have bled the system on stands, cracking the bleeder and everything runs normal out of boost. We also have used the vacuum pump setup to pull coolant in as well and the same thing happens.

So any of the more powerful J's out there have any input? if not I'll post up what we eventually do and how it plays out.

Re: Cooling fans and radiators aftermaret
Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:08 AM
The dual fan off a grand am 2.4 also.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:05 AM
I made a custom dual core radiator with dual 15" Spal fans!
I can get a quote if your interested, but it wasn't cheap >$500.
Wizard Cooling made it for me, look em up.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:49 PM
Thanks for the tip on the 2.4 cars having them as well. If we go custom chances are I will do all the fab myself. I'm a sheet metal worker now and have had my own tig welder for a while. I'm looking to do this kn a budget and done for under 350. On summit racing I have found some good radiators under $200 that will work once I make mounting brackets and tig them onto the end tanks.

I can't remember who it was, but I recalling one turbo on2 car using an aftermaket aluminium radiator. I want to say it was Chris lannie at rd fabs but I could be wrong. I need to do more research on a home computer and less on my cell.

Friday, October 18, 2013 3:59 AM
Eviloution used a universal griffin rad. Believe it was around $200
Friday, October 18, 2013 12:04 PM
I have been looking on ebay at radiators and the specs compared to our stockers and I have found a few units that I think would work for well under $200.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:22 PM
I'm running a Griffin universal with dual 10" PermaCool fans. No heater loop (in the 3400 it creates an air bubble at the water outlet so I needed to add another bleeder). Rarely breaks 180 after a run or two and 10 mins of idle at 95 or so ambient.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:07 PM
This is something I am interested in as well

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:51 PM
Anyone have a j apart to take some measurements?

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:23 PM
Rough measurements with the turbo mainifold out were 29-29.5 wide by 16.75 tall. For factory radiator. I did find this radiator I'm interested in.
aluminum radiator

Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:27 PM
Philly D wrote:Eviloution used a universal griffin rad. Believe it was around $200

Yup, grabbed a Griffen off Summit, just under $200 shipped. 3" thick, and close to the stock dimensions...I think mine is 1" or so longer than stock. Got one with a cap and deleted the surge tank from the bay, and I run a single 12" fan from Frozen boost.com.

100% happy, whole setup (including some flat stock to make brackets) cost me less than $250, and have never had a cooling issue even with continuous abuse under the m62.

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:48 AM
Evil you have the part number by chance on the shipping recipt? Or could yiu check your buying history on your summit account online and share? It would he nice to get a list of part numbers and pricing going for others to reference down the line.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:45 AM
Griffin 1-25241-X is the universal cross flow one.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:56 PM
just wanted to update this with what we have gone with..
Griffin part #-1-25201-X

I'm making up our own brackets and welding them onto the end tanks. I cut the filler cap down and plan on welding a delete plate on with a bung to add a barbed fitting to hook it up to the factory surge tank.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search