lsj long block in cavy - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lsj long block in cavy
Friday, April 03, 2015 10:19 PM
OK, I know I can run the lsj short block with the external trigger but can I also use the head or is this a no no? I'm going to go purchase a lsj long block next week and start tearing it down so I need to know about the head so I can start on my parts list. I already bought a set of K1 rods. Also, where can I purchase the external trigger or should I just use the l61 crank? Thanks

P.S. Heres a pic of my project car
Attachments
20150313_182525.jpg (1938k)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO TUNE MY CAR?

Re: lsj long block in cavy
Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:26 PM
I am running a lk9 head which is the same as a LSJ head. Yellowcav has a complete lk9 swap. I don't think its worth the headache of an external trigger. People seem to have issues for some reason and I do not know why. The v6 guys run them all the time with no issues.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, April 04, 2015 11:08 PM
So I should just run the whole lsj long block set up with the l61 crank in it and I should be good to go???

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO TUNE MY CAR?
Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:16 AM
I don't think you can throw just the crank in it. I believe the rods and pistons are different. I have a l61 block with wiseco pistons and eagle rods I am running. Maybe someone else can help you. I do know the LSJ coolant housing will not clear a f23 bell housing. You will have to swap to a l61 coolant housing or modify the LSJ one quite a bit. If your auto I am not sure how it fits.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search