Rk Sport, TTR, Prothane - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rk Sport, TTR, Prothane
Sunday, December 06, 2015 4:19 PM
So I need to replace both my torque strut(dog bone) & my upper mount on my 04 eco. While I am at it I would also like to replace my trans mount despite not knowing if it needs it I would rather just be safe. So first up, what are the key differences between Rk's & TTR's upper mount? Cons and pros please, secondly ditto for TTR torque strut and Prothanes torque strut(which look exactly like rks minus the gold hue) and lastly again ditto on the pros/cons of the TTR tranny mount vs prothane bushing for tranny mount. Thanks!

Re: Rk Sport, TTR, Prothane
Sunday, December 06, 2015 8:30 PM
TTRs upper engine mount, the bushing can sag and wear out. I have ran the RK Sport upper mount for 7 years without any issues.

No difference in lower mounts.

Trans mounts. Prothane's will sag(because of the holes). TTRs won't sag.

My recommendations:
Upper engine - RK Sport
Lower dog bone - Whatever
Trans - TTR

Sunday, December 06, 2015 11:37 PM
I love prothanes torque strut, though I figured with the design ttrs torque strut would be better, but if there's no difference I'll stick with prothane.
So the rk sport upper is the better? What driving conditions has yours been through?
TTRS trans mount it is, don't want sagging.
Monday, December 07, 2015 2:03 AM
My car has seen DD duties, weekend warrior duties, it usually gets ran hard when I take it out, autocrosses, drag strip, dyno runs, spirited "hell" runs.

Monday, December 07, 2015 5:43 AM
I've had my RK SPORT upper mount for 11 years zero problems and wouldn't change it for any other.

Lower mount - Never tried TTR - never had to, RK SPORT - 11 years zero problems

Transmission Mounts - Prothane Motion Control, 6 years zero problems

1. Care is driven hard but taken care of very well.
2. Low miles on these parts - I think my upper and lower engine mount has seen 40,000K or less.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Monday, December 07, 2015 4:33 PM
We recently modified our bushings to stop the deformation on the upper mount. Also RKSport mount has been discontinued:

http://www.rksport.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=RK-480

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, December 11, 2015 11:32 PM
The driving Jezebel sees is the same minus drag/autocross so if your rk has survived that and if ecoimportkillers has had no problems for such a long time as well then seems I have my choice. As I said prothanes(same as rk) dog bone has proven quite satisfactory so rk upper it is assuming I can still get it despite it being discontinued. I have someone to buy it off of luckily so unless someone snags it before me I'll get it. Though I will definitely get he ttr tranny mount, saw one in a local cavy today and it looks sexy. Thanks for your input guys
Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:06 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:We recently modified our bushings to stop the deformation on the upper mount. Also RKSport mount has been discontinued:

http://www.rksport.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=RK-480

How and when was it modified? I still have a brand new one bolted to the engine I'm building and I don't want to have issues. Mine is about 2 years old.

Thank you,
Rob

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, December 14, 2015 8:27 AM
Level zero motor sports upper and lower motor mounts.

And prothan transmission mounts.

4 years all good so far.
Monday, December 14, 2015 10:06 AM
I don't know about you guys but I would advise against the lower torque arm on a daily driver. I had it and the upper insert on my 2200 and my dash rattled like crazy at stoplights and stuff so I swapped the lower back out. I'd have it if it was a track car but as a daily driver I couldn't stand it. I still have my lower if your interested in buying it, not many miles on it at all.
Monday, December 14, 2015 2:55 PM
I had zero vibrations (it is so slight, not noticeable). In fact, I could tell a huge difference in traction with the lower mount.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 14, 2015 5:38 PM

Monday, December 14, 2015 5:14 PM
The vibrations are not bad in my car. I honestly never noticed them that much.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:43 AM
Guess I just have a rattly dash lol
Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:00 PM
Lol. Right!

Friday, January 15, 2016 3:08 PM
an upgraded lower mount with a stock upper actually seems to vibrate more than if both mounts are upgraded... at least in my experience.

I've had good luck with the rksport upper and lower and currently have the prothane trans mounts. I haven't looked at the trans mounts for a bit so I can't comment on whether they have sagged or not. (granted when I bought mine, the TTR trans mount didn't exist yet)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search