Using lsj head with cam sensor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Using lsj head with cam sensor
Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:05 PM
Has anyone on here used a lsj head with cam senor still in place? (Going stand alone and want to use the cam sensor). Did you move master cylinder or use a different style of master cylinder?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO TUNE MY CAR?

Re: Using lsj head with cam sensor
Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:15 AM
LSJ Cam sensor will not work on a j unless you have a different master cylinder..

I used a magnet in the intake cam gear for a pick up..... drilled a set of adjustable cam gears to do this..

I could make you this set up but you will need...

1. a set of adj cam gears
2. the msd mag pick up
3. a lsj valve cover to drill for the pick up...
Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:26 AM
I'm planning on using a non abs mc with brake lines on opposite sides. I'm also going lsj crank, gen3 block, 2.2 rods w/23mm wrist pins and special 88mm pistons. I'm about to order my haltech stand alone so I'm wanting to make sure by going manual non abs brakes I would have room for the sensor to be used.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:28 AM
what haltech will you go with?

Who did the sleeves for you?

I also do not have ABS and that would not have cleared my master
Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:49 AM
I haven't decided yet. Either the sprint or elite. I don't need the super high dollar setup for a street/strip car. Sprint supports a 5 bar map and really has all the features I'll ever need for a jbody.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:51 AM
5 bar.. your too funny

Elite is their top dollar set up.. the sprint has no knock detection the Elite does...

I don't have either but run a phormula to the 0-5 for knock..
Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:57 AM
My friend I eric Jarvis is a haltech supplier and he offered to buy the sprint, install and dyno for 1400. The sprint doesn't offer knock detection? That I didn't know. Doesn't the elite have a 1000 and 2000 series

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:27 AM
no...

The sports and the sprints don't have knock detection...

The 1000 and 2000 are the sport series...

I have a wiring diagram for mine and your should be close..

Alchemy Tuning?

Unless he is getting you a used sprint 500, they are 8-900 alone tuning and install for 1400?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:37 AM
That's what he said. He says he gets big discounts. He owns Mad scientist auto. I don't think he would shaft me. Why would they make a stand alone that they know is going to be used in a boosted car and not have knock detection? That's stupid on their part. That's like marrying a woman with no snatch! Lol. ..Anyway, like I said, I haven't made my mind up yet but I guess I need to research some more. I know he puts the sprint on alot of Hondas and dsm race cars. I'll definitely talk to him more about it now since I've learned this... He has a fb page. Mad scientist auto and his personal page eric jarvis.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:27 AM
not saying he would shaft you...

900 - ecu if he gets it for 700
that's only 700 extra to wire it, and tune it... that's not bad....

Your gonna go no cluster and a/c / heat?

I assume you are manual trans right?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:07 PM
No cluster or a/c but would like my heater as it will be a somewhat weekend car too but mostly track. Yes it's manual and I'm just going with a obx lsd. Probably have some lag since I'm going to a decent size turbo. Probably a garrett gt4088r or precision 6466.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:49 AM
Jeff try and get ahold of PJ Lombard Jr and see what he did with HavBlue. I know he relocated his power steering to run off the exhaust cam and used a Wilwood MC. I know its not exactly what your looking for but it will get you started in the right direction as far as fitment issues. I copy and pasted his thread link below so you can look at it and see what I am talking about.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=471663&t=467871&p=1
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search