More powah! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
More powah!
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:56 PM
So I just put on my manzo header and decided to do a full on 2.5 custom exhaust ending with a dc sports muffler that has a 3" exit. I'm running a universal cat with the setup as well but no resonator so she is obnoxiously loud so I'm def going to put on a resonator to get that deep and throaty sound. Anyways, I want to make more power so I figured, cams.

Everything else excluding exhaust, intake & motor mounts are currently stock. What cams should I get for my eco? I do not plan to turbo until the motor is built so I have plenty of time. After I do needed repairs I'll be replacing bolts with arp or I'll cam her then replace bolts.

I did search and found a couple mainly through ccw but I'm not too knowledgeable about which ones I should get or if I can get them cheaper. I'll be doing the 2.4 intake mani/tb swap as well as bsd but nothing too extreme for quite some time.

TL;DR?

Cam part numbers needed for stock 2.2 eco for moar powah.

Re: More powah!
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:18 AM
Comp Cams Stage 2 with Supertech valve springs. You need better valve springs when you upgrade cams.

You will also need a set of LSJ fuel injectors and have the car tuned.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:26 PM
Awesome thanks, also do you know if http://www.rksport.com/product-p/rk-483.htm that would be a worthwhile upgrade? Anyone running them or have ran them know of they are worth it? I use NGK g power plugs
Friday, May 20, 2016 6:45 AM
Those are not worth it. I ran a set of them and the butt dyno felt nothing.

Friday, May 20, 2016 3:57 PM
Ah okay, guess if I want an ignition upgrade I'd have to do a conversion or something.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 6:02 AM
As for the ignition springs. It is something your not going to feel. Just like valve springs. You do not gain power from them, but they are needed.

FU Tuning

Sunday, May 22, 2016 5:37 PM
So what do they accomplish then if no power is gained?
Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:49 PM
The best word I can think of is stability. A higher conductor of electricity would mean a sure spark. Bigger spark isn't gonna do anything but make sure you have enough spark not to misfire. So no gains just a hopeful for constant stability.
Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:40 PM
Hmm, I have been experiencing random misfires(p0141) lately. How does one install these? Just slide them in the coils? I'm going to change plugs and if the misfires still persist I guess I'll give these a try. Maybe.
Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:32 PM
Side note/curiosity, what about spark plug "side gapping?" i read theres suppose to be a decent gain to doing this mod but has anyone here done it? Worth it? and does it change the lifespan of the plugs?

ReD RaiN
Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:04 PM
http://performanceunlimited.com/documents/plugsidegapping.html

That seems like an interesting modification, I also would like to hear if you guys have done this before.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search