MSD ignitions.. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MSD ignitions..
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:32 AM
Anyone using the GM 2-Tower Coil Pack, PN 8224

I was reading/lookin at the MSD instructions on the install. So if i get this right i do not need the DIS-2 system with it or do I? I just remove the screws and wiggle the old GM one off and connect the MSD right ontop of that mount thing or do i have to buy that mout base part with the nipples on it?

Who sells them besides High rev? Karo said awhile back he could get them but dosn't have them listed on his site..

Re: MSD ignitions..
Friday, February 25, 2005 6:31 PM
The coils are direct replacement. No dis-2 is needed.
Summit sells them.

I have two of those coils sitting in the garage. They went bad after 3 months. oh well.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:52 PM
yeah direct replacement

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:58 PM
Sunfires rule! (Tom) wrote:

I have two of those coils sitting in the garage. They went bad after 3 months. oh well.

thats not somthing i wanted to hear... hmm... They are suppose to be under warrenty. How did they feel anyways?

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:03 PM
they felt like direct replacement coils. I know they have a warranty of one year. But
I could not find the receipt to warranty them.

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:44 PM
well that sucks major balls... Just trying to find a way to make the idle smoother. I thought this for sure would have been it.

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:59 PM
These 2200's idle like poo. I'm not sure what you can do. But these coils on a semi stock car is really not worth it.

Also, I would recommend any tire except for the nankangs. They blew out on my friends car in less than 2,000 miles.

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:04 PM
they've been drivin on for almost 6k miles.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:34 PM
Any other reviews on the coil pac's?

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:49 PM
i have the accel ones in for about 2 weeks now and they did smooth the idle a little on the 2200. i was just letting you know about the idle. they dont give a hp gain and their not suppose to but they feel like it at first cuz your replacing everything that was old.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:58 PM
I have the msd box + the coils. If you're installing them to gain power or smoothness, you're wasting your cash.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:39 AM
i have always stuck with buying new gm coils ( delphi, denso, or whoever makes them) seem to work the best?? Though I would say the cost is higher.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:54 AM
I hae the coil packs. Bought them for when i had the DIS-2....

Runs the same as stock.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search