Hooker AeroChambers.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hooker AeroChambers....
Friday, October 14, 2005 7:34 PM
Anybody have the Hooker AeroChamber mufflers on their Cav? I have read on other car sites, both 4 cyl. up to 8 cyl., that it sounds low, mellow and not very loud, which is what I want. Need it to be quiet and low without robbing me of any low end torque. With any muffler I get, I plan to replace the stock resonator with a $20 Dynomax glasspack or something similar. I just want to know what the AeroChamber sounds like on a 2.4L.

"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking."

-General George S. Patton

Re: Hooker AeroChambers....
Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:37 AM
I have one on my Gtz. nice sound. Really deep. Raspy when cold tough but once it's hot, it's really deep.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, October 15, 2005 7:44 AM
They're not bad. In my opinion, the resonator is a bit of a waste. I use a similar type muffler on my LN2 without a resonatorand the tone at idle or cruising speed is just a mellow hum, not too raspy. On the other hand, the exhaust tone at full throttle is enough to get anybody's attention. But it's going to be no matter what muffler you use. Anything high flow is going to be a little loud, especially at full throttle, resonated or not.
Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:24 PM
Thanks for the responses guys - it helps narrow down my decision between the Hooker and Dynomax SuperTurbo. Had the Dynomax UltraFlo on another car, nice sound but a bit too loud. Anyone else got AeroChambers?

Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:20 PM
It seems AeroChambers are more popular on larger engines. Maybe I'll get those since it seems hardly anyone on this site has them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search