unusual engine swap....need help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
unusual engine swap....need help
Monday, October 02, 2006 5:56 PM
hey, i need any info on an engine swap in a '00 sunfire sedan with 2.2 auto swapping out to a 3800 motor, hopefully a supercharged model...im wantin to go all out on this thing. is this even possible with current parts, or is this going to be a one-off custom job? also, i know there has been a kit developed for the ford focus swappped to a 302 v-8 rwd, and if any body has ever done such a thing to a cav or a sunfire with a 350 or even a 305 rwd. im wantin to go full throttle on this thing.. .any help would be greatly appreciated .

Re: unusual engine swap....need help
Monday, October 02, 2006 6:16 PM
yes someone has done a v8 cavalier. as for the 3800, i dont think anyone has done that yet. i believe someone has done a s/c 3400. i think his member name is Raven. just search and you could find plenty of info. its all over the place, and comes up a billion times each week.

Monday, October 02, 2006 7:38 PM
lol raven has a 3800 s/c...there is no s/c for the 3400 besides aftermarket..

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:07 AM
To be honest, there are about 10 3rd gens running around with the 3800sc, its just that alot dont post. I have seen 5 in person myself, not including my car and know of 3 more. You will need to make a custom subframe and mounts for it. It is not a cheap project at all.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:17 AM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:there is no s/c for the 3400 besides aftermarket..

^^ Yep. And its just from one supplier.... RSM and for $4000 and not guaranteed to work...

If you're lucky, you might be able to find a used Magnacharger (a small handful were released for the 3400)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:45 AM
Kardain wrote:
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:there is no s/c for the 3400 besides aftermarket..

^^ Yep. And its just from one supplier.... RSM and for $4000 and not guaranteed to work...

If you're lucky, you might be able to find a used Magnacharger (a small handful were released for the 3400)

Or just buy a Rotrex and custom fab it to work. There is a 2nd gen with a 3400 and rotrex charger with an intercooler running low 13s around here.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:44 AM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:lol raven has a 3800 s/c...there is no s/c for the 3400 besides aftermarket..

my mistake. thanks for the correct info

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:51 AM
conact raven he sells a kit to do this and he knows everything on this swap including electrical.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:59 PM
thanks for all the info, now im wonderin about a swap out of the new grand prix gxp with the DOD v8, i know someone who just got in an accident in one (rearended) and it's totalled, he's parting it out....im thinkin about that motor.....fwd v8 vroom
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:15 PM
bah, my buddy had a FWD caddy with a northstar V8. absolutely hated it. torque steer like a mother....i cant imagine that amount of torque steer in a car thats lighter than a caddy.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:09 PM
torque steer is a common problem with any fwd car, but if you can find the right guy to make the right parts....which i HOPE to do...then the problem can be reduced. and if i cant, ill just have to deal with the torque steer (its already bad enough as it is), maybe i can just work with the entire motor/trans/xle setup out of the car, itll be one hell of a job, but thats what paving new roads are about, now its just finding a beater to drive in the meantime.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search