megan exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megan exhaust
Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:28 PM
im thinkin about gettin a megan cat-back exhaust for my 99 cav is that a good exhaust im gonna be running it with a pacesetter header ...i dont want it loud but i want it to give it some sound.....if anyone has one for sale ill take it off your hands!!

Re: megan exhaust
Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:21 AM
I'm assuming you are talking about the 2.4, so if you go with Pacesetter Header, and a Megan Cat-back yes it will be loud and raspy. You will also want a high flow cat like Magnaflow or Catco. Then get yourself a 25" or bigger resonator or glasspack. Then it will have a low deep tone to it and still sound mean as hell when you get on it.

In the planning stage for an all American TRD Cavalier.
Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:18 PM
I dont have a header but my megan racing is pretty darn loud if I say so myself, can be annoying at times. I am thinkin aobut buying the jegs kit gettin a borla muffler and tip and callin it a day.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:07 PM
how is the fit on the Megan set-up? and what "jegs kit"? i didnt know they offered anything for the J's...

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Monday, March 12, 2007 3:08 PM
I think he's talking about the various pipes kit.

Monday, March 12, 2007 4:39 PM
my best tip on this subject...... DONT BUY IT

Monday, March 12, 2007 6:47 PM
i think i am goin to go with the megan w/ a thrush glass pack resonator and a magnaflow cat running w/ pacesetter headers will that sound good?

Monday, March 12, 2007 6:52 PM
the megan isn't bad, the fitment isn't horrible but not 100% either.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, March 12, 2007 6:53 PM
Jegs cat-back

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:52 AM
Every time I look at that exhaust I always wonder how the hell does that thing clear the trailing arm. I had an ebay exhaust once that was the same as the megan and if I would lower the car it would have hit the traling arm. At stock ride hight, it was almost touching.
I now have illD9's old magnaflow and I could not be happier.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:49 AM
I can get a pic of it clearing the trailing arm and I'm on H&R springs.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:15 AM
if u have a 2.4 cav., my friend still has his OLD exhaust setup, obx header, magnaflow high flow cat, and megan exhaust
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:21 AM
i have the megan cat back and yea its loud as hell but thats ho i like it but i also have no cat or resonator so i mean mines super loud

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:40 PM
here is a pic of it over the rear axle.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:42 PM
Yah when it is sitting still it does not hit but when you drive it might on some big bumps. Looks like the ebay one I had had maybe like a quarter of an inch less clearance then that one but still the same. I can see where it is hitting the ebrake cable and causing burn marks or that just might be what it looks like to me. Is it possible to tuck it up even more than it is right now or is it as high as it can go. If I had used the one I had then it would have bent when I would drop the car.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:24 PM
I think that was one time when I had to drive across the girlfriend parents yard at a party and I had the suspension flexed big time lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search