Light crank Pulley... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Light crank Pulley...
Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:21 PM
Hi, i am from Venezuela and i would like to buy a new light crank pulley for my cavalier z-24, but i have a question... I have a 2.4 l LD9 engine with supercharger from gm performance, the diameter of the new light pulley itīs the same at OEM pulley? and i hear about forged kits and i found some but i didnīt see forged cranks, there are any web page where it gets this part? thanks.

Re: Light crank Pulley...
Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:23 PM
Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:33 PM
I and Z-spec are the only ones that make a stock sized lightweight crank pulley for the 2.4 LD9 motor.
Jbodyperformance "does not offer a crank pulley" Way to go Silver Streak. You should know better. ~~Shakes Head~~

I have none right now, and Z-spec/RSM racing doesn't have that good of a reputation. I hope to have some soon, but I can not promise anything.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:55 PM
I really couldn't understand the question. I knew he meant the pulley but I guess I tried to jumped oh the forged kit. I assume he is meaning pistons. And he asked about the forged crank.

No www.jbodyperformance.com does not offer a forged crank but it does offer a variety of upgrades for the factory crank.

MD. Whats the hold up on the pulleys I would love to get one for the Z.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Friday, May 18, 2007 7:08 AM
Thanks friends, really i have done two question, i would like to jump a complete forged kit for my engine and the pulley too, but i have not seen forged crank in www.jbodyperformance.com, only reworked, itīs very expensive to me send the crank to jbody i am in Venezuela, there are a place where i can buy this part? thanks
Friday, May 18, 2007 9:03 AM
Mario Peluso wrote:Thanks friends, really i have done two question, i would like to jump a complete forged kit for my engine and the pulley too, but i have not seen forged crank in www.jbodyperformance.com, only reworked, itīs very expensive to me send the crank to jbody i am in Venezuela, there are a place where i can buy this part? thanks

last place i heard of that did a steel forged 2.4 crank was Crower... and it was like $2500-completly custom, they do not actually "sell" them. not worth it IMO, the stock crank takes a ton of power and they do just fine.

as for the pulley situation, just wait for MD LD9's pulley's to be released, buy the stock sized alt and crank pulleys and yu'll be happy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search