why are CAI for 03+ so expensive??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
why are CAI for 03+ so expensive???
Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:52 AM
Alright, I want to get a CAI for my 03 fire but the cheapest I can find even on ebay are still almost $200. What's the deal???, the K&N is like $250 and the AEM isn't far behind. Any ideas here??? Kinda on a limited budget and would like to get a few more mpgs out of a tank so I don't keep getting screwed at the pump. As far as drop in filters go, all I've found is K&N, are there others out there that fit?

Re: why are CAI for 03+ so expensive???
Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:55 AM
don't waste your time on a CAI and just get a regular intake. there's no performance advantage from one to the other.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:06 AM
A pipe, is a pipe, is a pipe.... Theres really no advantage from one to the other, the real purpose is just for looks, between CAI and WAI. As far as brands, K&N, Weapon R, AEM, NO-Name, etc. they are for looks... The filter is what you need to worry about not the pipe.

Under Construction
Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:32 AM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:A pipe, is a pipe, is a pipe.... Theres really no advantage from one to the other, the real purpose is just for looks, between CAI and WAI. As far as brands, K&N, Weapon R, AEM, NO-Name, etc. they are for looks... The filter is what you need to worry about not the pipe.

Exactally. the only issue i have with no-names though is where it bolts up. Sometimes it doesn't line up just right. But nothing a pair of pliers wont bend

And you are right, it's all about the filter. and the clamp to you manifold, so there is no leaking.

I'm back from the dead.
Currently Driving: RSX Type-S.
My Cavalier Burnt up :-(
Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:18 PM
I know a kid that slapped an K&N cone filter on the factory ducting and it pulls just about as good as mine. His is an 04' Auto with only the K&N and mine is a 03' 5-speed, with the K&N Typhoon intake.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:45 PM
home made intakes FTW! i built my own filter (perks of my job) and slaped that bitch on the flex tubing. works well enough till i put my new motor in, then i'm goin 2.5" charge piping/intake piping/intercooler piping

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search