Next upgrade? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Next upgrade?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:49 PM
okay ill have about 150 for my next part after i get my new 12" anyway i was thinking getting lower motor mount, a new pulley, or headers what should i look at doing? i got the upper motor mount and intake already so what should i get next?

Re: Next upgrade?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:07 PM
For $150, The heaer might be a little out of your price range, unless you can get a good deal on a used one. Pulleys are a nice addition, and so would the motor mount. I'd toss a coin on either one. Failing that (since you have an automatic), the B&M Shiftplus.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:15 PM
where can i find that at? i thought they only make it for 4spd
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:02 AM
Kurtis.... it's header... not headers.... there is only one on an inline 4 cylinder.

If you can get the shiftplus.... I'd do that.... otherwise the other mount.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:46 AM
yeah i know its only one lol just a habbit shiftplus is only for 4spd's
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:09 AM
i agree with weebel. go with the mount.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:52 AM
alright lower mount it is ill probably toss in a strut bar to
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:59 AM
yep, strut bar is a nice bang for you buck if you dont mind getting one through ebay. they are VERY nicely priced, look just as good as the big name ones and get the job done the same.

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:05 AM
or go to the junkyard and look for a vert. pull the strut bar off of that. shiftplus will probably give you more of a notceable change than the lower mount but the lower mount is nice too.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:37 PM
WTF is a vert? a convertable? shiftplus is only for 4spd.
Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:20 PM
I have 2 Front STB's for sale. A GM (1 firewall attachment) one and a prototype Gravana one.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:41 PM
how much for em and will they fit on my car?
Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:43 PM
Both of them will fit, your choice $45 shipped in the 48 states. GM would be my personal preference. It's 1 piece and can bolt to the firewall. The other one is 3 pieces and doesn't attach to the firewall.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:42 PM
+1 for the GM unit, that thing is quite nice. But to the original Poster, I'd save up $50 more and get a header such as the pacesetter. You will get the best response per dollar with that upgrade.
Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:32 AM
yeah ill save for the pacesetter im hoping you will have the strut bar when i get paid
Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:21 AM
Yes a vert is a convertible ....... they came with strut bars stock.

Stock Gm strut bard might not look that pretty.... but they are so strong you could jump up and down on it once it's installed without fazing it..... They are probably the most functional if you don't mind black square stock connecting your strut towers.

Monday, June 02, 2008 9:59 PM
i found one of those at my autoshop school but they wouldnt let me take it i guess they needed to teach kids how to replace it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search