lsj parts question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lsj parts question
Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:08 AM
Hey everyone,
l just purchased these parts for my 1997 LD9... they were on a friends Cobalt SS, but he got his car staged. So l purchased his stock injectors, headers, and exhaust and l'm just wondering with the injectors...if they will work on my car? Or will l need to upgrade my fuel rail or the wiring in order to have them run on my car? Would the headers work as well? Or would l have to change the downpipe too? Anyways hopefully someone can help me out...thanks...

Re: lsj parts question
Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:10 AM
sarah m wrote:Hey everyone,
l just purchased these parts for my 1997 LD9... they were on a friends Cobalt SS, but he got his car staged. So l purchased his stock injectors, headers, and exhaust and l'm just wondering with the injectors...if they will work on my car? Or will l need to upgrade my fuel rail or the wiring in order to have them run on my car? Would the headers work as well? Or would l have to change the downpipe too? Anyways hopefully someone can help me out...thanks...

take your oem injectors out, clean them, put them back in.
take the injectors and exhaust and what not that you purchased and sell on ebay.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:53 AM
Okay, well l was just wondering if they would fit... l was more into honda's before, so this is my first time doing a j-body. All l have done to the car so far is; suspenison work which l upgraded my ball joints & wheel bearings to moog. I lowered the car 1.5 inches in the front, and rear was lowered 1 inch. I put in front and rear strut bars so far as well. l just purchased those lsj parts because l wanted to run the car on a 50 shot of nos for the summer...
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:27 AM
None of those parts will fit on your LD9 cav...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:45 AM
do a little bit of research next time before you buy parts for your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:48 AM
Okay well thanks, thats all i was wondering and too be quite honest with you i only paid $120 for all the parts so I'l probably post them on an OCC site or something. One of my buddies owns a GT Exhaust at the 401 & Keele area...so I'll just upgrade to a high flo cat and exhaust. Probabably a magna flow muffler or something... Would I have to upgrade my injectors to run on nos???
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:05 AM
NOS is a brand name. Alot of people on here hate to hear nitrous referred to as NOS.

If you get a wet kit then your stock injectors will be fine.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:38 PM
Oh I didnt know that...thanks for telling me tho... I got a 50 shot of nx-express...its a wet shot. Thanks, thats all I was wondering
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search