New guy here Bolt on power - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New guy here Bolt on power
Tuesday, July 03, 2018 7:30 PM
Hello guys!
I have a nice 1999 LS 2.4L 80k miles Cavalier 24k Gold Edition!! Woah! Got it for $500.. So I figure I could put a little money into it for a little extra power, nothing too crazy

Figured Id put a cold air intake on it, index the plugs, better ground wires and put some heat wrap on the fuel lines and exhaust.. Not much power there, but fun none the less..

Things I wanted to ask about is:

MDS ignition worth it? Maybe do the Neon MDS swap? What would be the gains and or benefits here?
Is there any good injectors out there? I bought some Bosh 4-holes for my jeep and they helped, couldnt find them for the cavalier

Anything you guys could recommend I could do for little or no money?

Re: New guy here Bolt on power
Saturday, July 07, 2018 1:32 PM
Is this forum dead or what? Any recommendations?
Saturday, July 07, 2018 8:42 PM
you can look at the recent posts and see that people are talking on other posts

use the search function all your questions have been answered thousands of times.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, July 08, 2018 3:30 PM
For a LD9 (2.4). Plugs get NGK 3951's. Dont worry about indexing them, I did that years ago, not worth it. Stock coils are just fine. I'm running them making 241whp and 259wtq.

Heat wrap on fuel lines is going to be for looks at this point.

Get a header, and exhaust, intake, those are the cheapest mods at this point that will make a difference.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 12, 2018 4:58 PM
Yah, beyond bolt ons, you can get some cams. Can’t help you on where. But search should help.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:04 PM
You can join the jbody international Facebook group. Just saw these come across. The HO intake will make a difference.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:16 PM
VTLoki wrote:You can join the jbody international Facebook group. Just saw these come across. The HO intake will make a difference.

Thats place is a joke.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:40 AM
I have a Mantapart cold air intake collecting dust in my garage. Sent you a PM as well. Here's the posting:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39000

www.n-body.net/registry/rodney
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:46 PM
Doing some research and it just seems logical that after adding an intake or whatever you need a tune.. I dont think my 1999 can be tuned and I wouldnt know were to take or if id want to lol
Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:35 PM
Ryan Grabowski wrote:Doing some research and it just seems logical that after adding an intake or whatever you need a tune.. I dont think my 1999 can be tuned and I wouldnt know were to take or if id want to lol

You can add a intake without a tune, even header, exhaust, and other mods without a tune, but a tune with give those mods more bang. Also 99 can be tuned.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search