Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 238 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:54 AM
Yeah, for some reason the site is all concern about my finances. I already had the car computer setup now behind the dash.. all i needed to buy was the 12.1" LCD and an ELM 327 OBD2 Cable... I've got close to $1200 now in the entire car computer setup, but I'm running Digital Optical cables instead of RCAs, the touchscreen in the dash is 720p with HDMI input.. it's done the right way.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:52 PM
I can't wait to see pictures of it. Sounds like it's going to be a kickass setup!
Friday, January 28, 2011 5:20 AM
digi optical cable > rca's.

total win.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Friday, January 28, 2011 6:15 AM
Just bought the 2.3 exhaust tower, and a bunch of gaskets. Almost got everything I need to do the H.O. cam swap and get this new motor in the car!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:12 AM
Finally starting to mod the GTO. It looks like the first major mod will be removing the spoiler and having the holes welded and the trunk lid repainted. The GTO is at the body shop now. As soon as I get the car back I will be trading with a friend of mine for his 04 hood. I'm pretty sure the next mod will then be a CAI tuning and lightweight rims. The factory head unit will also be gone in the next few weeks.

Here is an idea what it will look like with the spoiler deleted. See this thread.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7540854#post7540854

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:20 PM
it does look good. but it also looks great with it, so....

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:30 AM
Im pretty excited about being able to shave 15 minutes off the time it takes to wash and dry my car. With the wing on you have to open the trunk while washing it to get bottom corners of the wing and the spot on both sides of the quarter panel it covers up. And then you have to repeat the process when drying it. Once you do that you have to open and shut the trunk a few times to shake out all the water. Then once you finally think you have it all dry and you take it for a drive you find even more water spots from the damn spoiler. As often as I wash a black car anything that saves me some time is great.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:49 PM
lol wade it always takes you way too long to wash a car anyway.

but yes, i agree... hard water trails and spots from hidden water SUCKS!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:06 PM
lmao i thought i was the only one who whiped my back lid off that way. every time i wash my car people look at me funny because i do the same exact thing. lol

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:25 AM
I got the GTO back from the body shop. The trunk lid looks amazing! I did my absolute best to try and find even the slightest hint that work had been done on the trunk and could not tell. My body guy also clear coated the underside of the trunk for me. I think I am lucky to have found a body guy who takes such pride in his work and is such a perfectionist. His price is reasonable too. It costs me $320. I hope to get it washed up tonight and post pics.

Monday, February 28, 2011 1:47 PM
awesome, wade. and yes.. agreed. ur paint guy rules. i have been impressed on more than one occasion.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 10:20 PM
What's up guys....not much new here just been busy with. School my kid and a new job. Anyone know what it would cost to fix up my engine. Have a coolant leak someplace. No puddles under the car and in a week she's gone thru over half a gallon of coolant. Afraid it might be in the head or a gasket. Thought about just parting ways with the z24....maybe get an 03 or dare I say here a delta body
Still trying to decide...needs a lot done to it to fix it up again. Any ideas?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Friday, March 04, 2011 6:35 AM
paul will buy ur car if its priced right!

Friday, March 04, 2011 3:03 PM
Is it an auto or 5spd? I might be interested if the body is straight.
Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:43 PM
Ah... day at work again......

Whats this? New Transporter for the season?

Yes i know i will paint it with everything OUT brad lol due to movin it around just primed it as is lol

MP-62 Intercooled 2.9" Pulley
Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:06 PM
lol i was going to bust ur balls hard... something about working in a professional body shop and having two years of college for body work. but since you said you'll do it right for the actual color ill let it slide.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:47 PM
lol yea yea i know..... gonna just leave in my garage till i get done with school or when i get me motor back together lol

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:50 PM
are those the STD coilovers on it?

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:32 AM
yes sir

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:18 PM
Ya its straight.a little minor. Rust here and there....nothing to be worried about

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:24 AM
how much as is?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:34 PM
No idea what its worth. Getting another cavy tomorrow tho. Clear coat is peeling everywhere.......I suppose that's not cheap. To fix

Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:08 PM
Is the thing running? I'd like to take a look at it.
Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:43 PM
Ya it runs. If it wasn't for the coolant leak its driveable. Just don't have the time to fix it. Even tho it would be cheaper

Friday, March 11, 2011 1:19 PM
Just picked up a 5 spd cavy today

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search