Green Street Cruise Night - Fast & The Furious Night - Sept. 26th - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Green Street Cruise Night - Fast & The Furious Night - Sept. 26th
Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:00 PM
Figured I might as well get a thread started for this so we can get a list of possible attendants and arrange details.

Details on the Event;
- It's on Monday, September 26th
- The times are 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, most people start to arrive between 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM, parking becomes scarce after 5:00 PM
- The theme as they have it on their flier is "Fast & Furious! (Sport Compact & Asian Cars)"
- The Cruise Night is open to all makes, models, and years
- The location is here. It's in the parking lot of McHenry Savings Bank in between IL-120 and Green Street, across from the theater in McHenry.

Myself and Dave were up at the cruise back on the 25th of July and got the details on the night of Sept. 26th and we figured it would be awesome if we could get a few other J's from in the area to attend. As for the number, I hope we can get around 4 to 6 J's, but really hope for even more. Time for planning is decent as it's not for a little less than 2 months away. So, post here if you can or cannot attend.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Re: Green Street Cruise Night - Fast & The Furious Night - Sept. 26th
Thursday, August 04, 2011 2:38 PM
My stock 05 sunfire (except for an intake and minor visual mods) doesn't quite make the cut =/
Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:43 PM
Matthew Stejskal wrote:My stock 05 sunfire (except for an intake and minor visual mods) doesn't quite make the cut =/

I've been there with my mostly stock LSS, and the same with Dave. Whether it's stock or heavily modified, I doubt it really matters.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 6:11 PM
Might make the ride, I live south of it in Bartlett. about a 40 min ride.

Friday, August 05, 2011 8:36 AM
Ill think about it, but anything with fast and the furious in its never sounds appealing anymore. Ill just be sure to leave WAY before everyone or WAY after everyone if I can make it.

Friday, August 05, 2011 10:00 AM
just because they are more prone to doing burnouts due to them being young, etc doesnt mean they will.

ive been to plenty of V8 muscle car events like this where they too get out of hand and act stupid.... plenty of vids on youtube of it as well.

Friday, August 05, 2011 12:20 PM
In all honestly I highly doubt there will be that many "fast and furious" cars there. I went a couple of weeks ago and pretty much all that was there were your typical muscle cars you would see at a car show. My dad goes there on a semi regular basis with his GN and its a very laid back event. They have food vendors/live band playing its really more of a family friendly setting than anything. Also the night that I went the theme was european cars and there was probably a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio of muscle to the featured car. Either way I will for sure be there with my friend from school who has a new genesis coupe.

Dave

Friday, August 05, 2011 11:19 PM
Yeah, Dave is right. The two shows I go to are quite a bit more laid back than you would assume they would be. Plus the week Dave and I were at GSC, the feature car was European. They had at best about six cars for the featured section.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:23 PM
Got a bit of an update. Since the event was rained out two mondays ago(8/8/11), the organizers had moved the theme car from that week to our week(9/26/11). So now Sept 26th is Ford/Sport Compact & Asian cars. As I was talking to one of the organizers to make sure Sport Compact night wasn't cancelled, I had found out that if we have any definite shows, they would be able to save us spots since things fill quickly during Ford night. So again, giving early enough notice, I'm hoping we can get a good number of people showing up for this since the organizer I was talking to said that they don't normally have a big response. Also, they would like to see anything that is not 100% stock. As an example, with the way my LSS is currently, it does "qualify" for it. And if you know anyone that has a not-100% stock sport compact, invite them to come as well.

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:08 AM
I would be more then happy to come and mines no where close to stock.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:57 PM
As I keep talking with the head organizer, or at least one of them, he is hoping for about 30 sport compacts/imports, I know, quite a hopeful number. I'm at least hoping we can get around 10 to 15 cars to show up at least. We still got about a month before the day, so lets get this list longer. Now, whether or not you bring a J or import, is up to you.

So far the definites are:
1. Myself
2. Dave
3. Mike(Sneezy)
4. Tony Buntjer

Hopefuls:
1. Two partners of Mike's
2. Edward
3. Vince

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:07 PM
Okay guys, I need to know by this Friday/Saturday whether or not you will be coming. This is so I can contact the organizer and let him know how many are coming.

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:54 PM
Im going to try and be there with both my J's. My yellow one im getting back tmo, and my Eco swapped Vert. We will see about the two but def the yellow one.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:27 PM
Well, hope to see everyone who can make it tomorrow afternoon. As for a target time of arrival, for those who can, best to be there by around 4 PM to 5 PM, I know I will be there sooner.

See ya guys there.

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:01 PM
Okay, recently got word from one of the organizers that tonight's event has been rescheduled to Monday, October 10th. Hope to see as many people there that can make it.

Monday, October 10, 2011 2:37 PM
Ok ill be there. Lets make this!!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search