Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 228 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:11 PM
Four plus my motorcycle

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:23 PM
Good Wade. I'm glad you are back into a J. Do you plan on doing anything with it? If so, I am pretty excited to see whats in store.

On a side note...that damn marinara was all over the place. That was funny @!#$ though.

Brad, I'm always down to help pull, or install a motor. It's good practice for me.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:32 PM
someone needs to 2.4 swap an eco car and i think it should be wade
i tried to talk paul into it and he said no

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:48 PM
haha yes!!

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:29 PM
LOL considering the guy that bought wade's car is eco AND automatic swapping it i'd say its the perfect payback

I feel like taking a tinkle on an ecNOtec...
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:07 PM
z yaaaa wrote:LOL considering the guy that bought wade's car is eco AND automatic swapping it i'd say its the perfect payback

I was actually thinking that earlier today.

And make that 5 cars. I just bought a 2000 Camaro with the 3800 today.

Trevor as far as mods for the cav... I doubt it since my only reason for trading for it was to use it as a delivery vehicle and then re sell it. At least not anytime soon. I have a few maintenance issues to take care of first. And I want to install a CD player. But who knows. I cant seem to keep my hands off it. lol

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:15 PM
i bet you regret selling me those nice all-weather floor mats,eh?

Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:26 AM
Yeah actually I do. Those things are sweet. I am actually in need of a drivers side floormat too. At least they went to a good home.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:32 AM
Pics of your new "delivery" vehicle?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:21 AM

Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:47 AM
+1 for having LSS wheels just lying around waiting for a home. hahaha very nice, man!

i actually like it. but it is no 02 indiblue hard on

Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:09 AM
Those rims were on it when I bought it. I do however have 4 good matching Goodyear Eagle tires for it. The tires that are on it now are all about 40% tread left and each one is different brand. At least they are all the correct size. The rims were horrid when I got it. I have cleaned them up some but they all still need cleaned up more.

The engine runs perfect and the transmission shifts perfect too so I am very happy with that. It is surprisingly quick too. I want a rematch with Trevor. I'm sure it would have embarrassed my 95 camaro.

The entire car has been repainted. The paint job itself looks OK but the prep work sucked. There is over spray everywhere and where they taped off the trim they did a poor job. In the second picture you can see a teal spot on the door hinge because it was not painted properly. I have been slowly taking care of some of the over spray and removing paint from places it should not be. I have spent probably 4 hours already on removing tar from the paint, touching up rock chips, and cleaning the exterior.

The front passenger fender is FUBAR. It is creased from the door hitting it and has a dent towards the front where it meets the headlight.

The interior was horrible. The previous owner lived on a gravel road and there was gravel dust everywhere. I spent 2 hours last night with a washcloth and a bucket of soapy water wiping down the interior. I will shine it up later with some Meguiars but I just don't feel like it at the moment. The factory wiring clip for the CD player was cut and a cheap CD player wired direct. The CD player that was in it was a old cheap Jensen with a busted volume knob so I threw that POS away as soon as I got home. I still have the nice Panasonic CD player I had in my other cav. I could put it in but I remember I had to cut up the dash behind it to get it two fit since it has three 8" long rca cables in the back. You can see the mess I have to stuff back up in there in this picture. That CD player is for sale 85 shipped if anyone is interested.

Otherwise the interior is in very good condition. Luckily the AC works perfect!

I still have not had a chance to thoroughly vacuum out the interior. After I do that I will go after it with the shampooer.

It needs a passenger side axle because it is clicking. The radiator fan is drawing too much which is blowing the fan fuse which causes the Check Engine light to come on so I need a new fan. Surprisingly the car does not even come close to overheating even without the fan while delivering pizzas and driving with the AC on so it is low on the priority list. It needs an oil change and front brake pads and rotors but that is par for the course. I think the biggest thing it needs is an alignment. The car pulls but only slightly, however the steering wheel is way wayyyy off center. So much so I have a sneaking suspicsion someone took it off and put it on one or two splines off. It is going to get aligned in about a week and then I will re-center the wheel myself.

Yes it is for sale. I am not really trying to sell it at the moment but everything I have is always for sale for the right price. I have not determined a price on this car yet because I plan to fix some things and right now it is my pizza delivery vehicle.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:51 PM
Don't sell it before our rematch.
Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:16 PM
LOL ok.

i say wire the cd player direct with NEW wiring. screw the stock ish, it sucks my balls.

Friday, September 10, 2010 9:17 AM
Haha Brad your sig cracks me up.
Friday, September 10, 2010 6:56 PM
I call them ecoturds.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:02 PM
They look like they would both be close to the same in size to me.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:29 PM
trevor, love the sig man.

Monday, September 13, 2010 8:23 AM
Check out the stereo install the cav had when I got it.

Monday, September 13, 2010 10:10 AM
Looks good, It looks like a good start if you decide to do anything, its def. in good shape for delivering pizzas !

Sorry, my phone cut off for some reason a little bit ago. Anyways, I will keep on eye on the thread and ill let you know about the parts car as soon as I find anything out.

Also, did you say you got a new Camaro as well? Any pics of that? I love that body style and the 3.8 is much better than the 3.4. Sounds like a good pick-up.

Monday, September 13, 2010 10:19 AM
Thats a high quality install right there Wade. Can you get her to do mine?

/sarcasm

Monday, September 13, 2010 12:19 PM
LOL wow wade.... that cd player install looks like something paul would do...

Monday, September 13, 2010 1:25 PM
I borrowed the money from my dad to buy this Camaro. I paid $1300 for it. It is a 2000 with the 3.8 V6 and has 150,000 miles. It runs and drives great. It has brand new tires. The interior has gone to @!#$ as a result of being caught in the rain without the T tops on several times. I plan to fix this one up and sell it. The car a has bunch of small problems I need to address.

Audio:
Once again we have another quality stereo install. /sarcasm The system is a fairly new 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch sub and Rockford Fosgate amp (I'm not sure how many watts it is) The CD player is some cheap no name that sports a flip out screen that no longer works, the CD player part that no longer works, the cars antenna is busted so no radio stations at the moment. So that leaves me with the aux jack hookup only. The good news here is that the car has nearly new Alpine speakers.

Engine:
I ripped the blue wiring loom off as soon as I took the pics. Notice the obviously wrong bolt holding the alternator in.

Interior:
Yeah the seats are FUBAR and so is the center console lid. The seats I am buying a complete set off ebay for about 600 and probably driving to Chicago this weekend to get them. Not sure if I can locate a good center console lid in a salvage yard. It is $250 new from the stealership. The headliner is FUBAR as well. Once again hoping to score a good used one. The peices on the door panel I have already purchased some good used ones locally. I have got a hell off a challenge on shampooing the interior but I am confident it will come out well after many hour of work.

Exterior: The front bumper is FUBAR. I'm going to buy a pre-painted one off ebay. The car was never in an accident. The previous owner used it to push another broke down car up his driveway. The passenger side mirror glass fell out. I could have bought just the glass piece from GM for $82 but instead I bought 2 good mirrors of another Camaro for $45 already locally.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search