2200 Turbo Part Out - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Turbo Part Out
Monday, December 02, 2013 11:50 AM
Well, I mis shifted and the motor saw probably like 8500RPM. It sounds like it spun a bearing and it cracked a valvespring retainer as well.

I made a deal with myself that if it was a "pull the motor" repair, that I would part out what I could and then move to a v8 project. That is whats happening here.

Its a sad day for the little Ln2 that "could".

Its embarrassing that despite e85 on an "unsupported" PCM, 25psi on an 8v motor, and repeated hits to 7000 that NONE of that was the motor's downfall. It was my inability to shift lol. 5-2 at like 85 MPH and it hated me. It isnt even cool carnage. Just a silly spun bearing.

Im selling everything that I cant use on an LS motor (which is all of it except the injectors, fuel pumps and wideband)

The link is below.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/61600/

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Re: 2200 Turbo Part Out
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:48 AM
Turns out that the valvespring retainer being repaired fixed the motor issues. and the noises im hearing are not a bearing. i pulled the pan and checked and the motor seems just fine.

I think I might have to keep it and repair the flywheel. it looks like that is the issue im having. Busted bolts or somehing. Ill see when I pull the trans I guess.....

Oh well, I guess I get to complete the project after all.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:20 PM
Awesome news man! Glad it wasn't total devastation and you're planning to keep her alive

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:09 PM
It will have to be total devastation to keep me from getting rid of it I think.

Otherwise my brain goes "well that's an easy fix".

I have a sick attachment to this car. Lol

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:11 PM
Tell me about it lol

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search