FS: 2002 Cavalier ecotec - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 2002 Cavalier ecotec
Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:30 PM
Looking to sell my basically unmodified 2002 Cavalier. Its got 211K km, rust is starting to be an issue. But the engine and trans are still strong (its only seen synthetic oil since day 1...I bought it brand new). 2.2l ecotec, 5-speed manual. I did put in engine mounts and a strut bar. Its a 4 door sedan with the Z24 package. Silver with black interior. Comes with 17" steelies with winter tires (Perellis of some sort) as well as the Z24 rims with Dunlaps of some kind. Also comes with a set of brand new uninstalled drums and shoes, as well as the full three volume service manual (the 2000 page behemoth).

Selling it uncertified. It easily passed its last emissions test last spring. Its still licensed and insured so test drives are cool if you're serious.

Looking for $900. Not going to mess with pictures since it looks stock and from a pic will look perfectly fine. Will need to see it in person to see the rust at the bottom of doors etc.

I have a tiny utility trailer I wouldn't mind selling as well, just in case anyone is interested. Only $100 for that.

Located in Whitby.

I am open to trades...Canon EF or EF-S camera lenses for example. Woodworking tools, hardwood boards (eg cherry, walnut). Might trade for a mountain bike, but it better be a good one. maybe a snowblower. Cash is probably easiest but I thought I'd throw this option out there since it can be fun. Don't flood me with offers of crap, or any kind of car stuff, or computer stuff.

Re: FS: 2002 Cavalier ecotec
Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:33 PM
Just realized there is a pic of it in my profile...looks basically the same these days, just a little rusty at doors.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:34 PM
where in whitby and how much rust on the doors? also rust on inside bottom of door or outside or both
Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:58 PM
Brooklin...Thickson&Winchester. The rust is on the inside and bottom of all doors, and is starting to show on the outside of the driver's door. Also a little bit on the leading edge of the hood, and inside the gas filler area.

I forgot to mention that the cruise control cable is disconnected from the throttle body since once in a while it would make the car idle too high. Not sure if the cable housing is dirty or if its something more extreme.

Also the backlight for the odometer is out, but it still tracks mileage, just a little hard to see. Other than that its a good car for its age.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 7:08 PM
sold

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search