GAS GAUGE - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GAS GAUGE
Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:37 PM
My fuel gauge isn't working properly and i'm wondering why?? When i fill it up i can drive over200kms before it drops. I know it's good on gas but not that good!! Once it comes below 1/2 tank though it seems to be normal. I just got back from Halifax. Filled it up when we left moncton gauge never moved till after Truro. It showed we only burned 1\4 tank to halifax. I filled up back in Truro on the way back,there was about 1/4full and took 38liters and $33. Normally it takes 50liters or more when empty and about$40. If anyone else is haveing this problem please let me know or am i really getting that good gas milage????I think not

Re: GAS GAUGE
Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:43 PM
my sunfire is the same deal man. i drive from hali to sydney, Cape Breton pretty regularily, i can get from halifax to well past truro and have my gas gauge not move what so ever, then it drops ever so slightly for a while then by the time I get to the causeway I'm at just over half tank ....i usually burn a tank of gas in about 450-500kms

Check Cardomain for PICS
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:17 PM
so should i worry about it or what???
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:06 PM
i dont worry about mine....just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or you end up runnin outta gas somewhere then worry about it.....but I'm pretty sure its common thing with j-body's. if it really bothers you call a dealership or garage and ask them what they think.

ask any of the chaotic-concepts.org guys...they may be able to give you a better answer than i can

Check Cardomain for PICS
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:39 PM
kevblack69 wrote:My fuel gauge isn't working properly and i'm wondering why?? When i fill it up i can drive over200kms before it drops. I know it's good on gas but not that good!! Once it comes below 1/2 tank though it seems to be normal. I just got back from Halifax. Filled it up when we left moncton gauge never moved till after Truro. It showed we only burned 1\4 tank to halifax. I filled up back in Truro on the way back,there was about 1/4full and took 38liters and $33. Normally it takes 50liters or more when empty and about$40. If anyone else is haveing this problem please let me know or am i really getting that good gas milage????I think not

if you have a 2000 and up cavy or sunfire its a defective gas relay sensor in the gas tank. you have to change it. If its on warranty tell them to check on there service bulletin on there computer. it also affects the alero and a bunch of other cars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:39 AM
yeah i think most jbodys do this my moms car did and the cavy i got now does the same thing

Visit me on Cardomain
Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:05 PM
there's 95000 ks on it, prob not coverered under warranty, thanks for the info though
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:53 AM
I have a 99, my gas gauge starting doing this last night, I know for a fact I am abotu out of gas less than ¼ tank.. last night my gause was reading ½ tank, and now this morning its reading full.. on the way to work it dropped to ½ for a sec, and then back up to full... when I turn my car off it stays at full now, and will not move, tryied turning car all the way on and off a couple times, and she is still stuck on F!.... F!

so, is the sensor in the tank the same thing you would look at in a 99? or could something else be wrong? It was cold this morning, but not as cold as its been...

suggestions?

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:01 PM
I think the cold definatly plays a part. I wouldn't worry about it. Our's was like that also and once temp rises seems to work fine, so just tough it out over the winter and should be fine, ours works fine now but has been screwwy in the cold!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search