Start an 80s GM J Car Club in California. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Start an 80s GM J Car Club in California.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:41 PM
I know it is easy for me to say as I am not even a J car owner. I barely got my K car club off the ground here and I am lucky if I can get 3-4 cars to come to a meet. I think you guys have a tougher challenge to get some sort of car club going here in So.Cal as you do not have as many 80s J cars to work with. I had to personally tag 40 K cars with fliers and do mass online advertising before I finally got about ten local members in LA.

However, do not give up. Keep trying to get people involved. You may never have a big club, but at least there will be a few of you guys to keep the GM J Car alive.

I was sorely tempted to buy a 1986 Cadillac Cimarron with 20,000 miles for $600 at the mechanics shop. But, I am a working student and spend enough money trying to keep my K car in tip top shape.

Cars are money pits and despite the good reviews, a bad mechanic can rip you off thousands of dollars. I lost $1500 before a good mechanic found out the bad one put my throttle body in wrong and it was slowly choking the motor to death. My car only has 113,000 miles and may now be just starting to burn oil, even though I get good gas mileage and have maintained this car the best I can. Good luck. Long live the J car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search