1.8 Turbo Oil Leak on head - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1.8 Turbo Oil Leak on head
Friday, May 30, 2008 5:38 PM
Any thoughts on how to correct the oil leak off the return line on the cylinder head on the 1.8 turbo?

Re: 1.8 Turbo Oil Leak on head
Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:35 PM
Ok I did some research in my books haynes/chiltons and my online chiltons with adobe.No pics of the return line.? here is the line leaking at the connection with a collar that tightens over the thread and it has flat sides to use a comb wrench to tighten it and it leaks there.Or does it have a leak on the line itself.If it is leaking thru the collar (my descipt) I would use some permatex HIGH temp thread sealant white in color put some on the thread and run the collar onto the thread and this will seal the leak.I realize I have no idea what the line looks like but,based on my eng knowledge and oil lines it should be like what I describe unless I am way off.If u could post a pic (would be helpful) but hoping my post will help.I guess if I had a turbo I would know what exactly to recomm.Just tell me what the case is.

Re: 1.8 Turbo Oil Leak on head
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:13 AM
Can you take a picture of the part in question or source of the leak? There is no "oil return line" external to the engine, other then the turbo's oil return line which goes into the block. I'm wondering if you're referring to the crankcase pressure equilization turbo, part of the PCV / breather system.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search