Dual exhaust is on the cav - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dual exhaust is on the cav
Monday, January 10, 2005 2:14 PM
I have prolly around $70 total I had the mufflers already I just needed the tips and the elbows thats pretty much it. oh yea the new hangers to.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 7:11 PM
Jeremy wrote:I Like The Exaust.... How Much Money did You Spend On It? I'd Like To Know So I Can Do The Same

=) All stainless steel 2.25" The duals will be completed next fall with a secret

<br>

Custom is the only way!
Wednesday, January 12, 2005 9:39 PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa... why does yours rock my socks to another level?

did you do yours yourself? I'd like to do something similar

Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:48 AM
DAMN THATS NICE!! <br>

------------------------------------------------
1990 Chevy Cavalier - Primer Paint Job (Till Mightnight Black Comes) - Converting To A Z24, Z24 Front & Back Bumper (need Z24 side skirts), Kenwood headunit, (2) 15in Reactor Subwoofers, 2/1600 Power Acoustik Amp, Streetglow headlight strobes, Streetglow headlight pulsers, green l.e.d parking lights, type 2 Wing, Ls Inside (Seats, Carpet, And Dash), Custom Painted Tail Lights
-------------------------------------------------
Thursday, January 13, 2005 7:54 AM
Ok that looks like way way way to much work right there and it must be nice to have access to a mandrell bender and all the supplies you need. I wish I worked at an exhaust shop cause my exhaust would 10 times better than it does now.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:52 PM
I went to one of our JCO sponsors it costed me 540 after tax (included the cat but not the mufflers) it's all stainless steel it took him 7 hours to do it. But Dyam does it sound good it rumbles like mad.
You will never see that price again.
I am thinking about polishing it this summer when I get some time.
I cannot wait to finish the product. <br>

Custom is the only way!
Friday, January 14, 2005 10:08 PM
damn, the comforts of having a sponsor... and a magnificant one at that
Monday, January 17, 2005 6:54 PM
what kind of mufflers and cat are you running?? How does it sound...I'd imagine its pretty sick
Wednesday, January 19, 2005 3:09 AM
i dont have pics at the moment, but i ran a similar setup, only mine exits in front of both rear wheels and set under the car about 2-3 inches from the lip of the side skirts
Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:16 PM
92rs4dr under construction wrote:what kind of mufflers and cat are you running?? How does it sound...I'd imagine its pretty sick

Ractive Stainless it sounds really deep and very different then 3.1L with just the Y joint after the axle.
I have been complimented on it many times before.

Custom is the only way!
Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:14 PM
mitch martin wrote:i absolutely think that it is wrong to put dual exhaust on cars period...these are cavaliers not mustangs everyone.....

That's a retarded excuse.

Dual exhaust is NOT reserved for Muscle or sports cars only, period.

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:09 PM
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:
mitch martin wrote:i absolutely think that it is wrong to put dual exhaust on cars period...these are cavaliers not mustangs everyone.....

That's a retarded excuse.

Dual exhaust is NOT reserved for Muscle or sports cars only, period.

most j-bodies are turned into custom muscles themselves anyway. what does it matter? that was so lame... the real mustangs are the classics anyway. they don't build them like they used to... not to mention they're overdone and too accessable. any 16 yr old can get themselves a late model mustang and purchase crappy aftermarket pieces to slap on them... our cars are truly custom

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:19 PM
Sunfire GT's come factory with dual exhaust, so do lots of the other newer FOUR CYLINDER cars. Just because you only have one bank of cylinders dosent mean you cant have more than one exhaust pipe, but I think its just weird your make fun of someone for having duals on a v6 the four cylinder thing I can see, but why is it wrong to have more than one exhaust on a V engine, its tha same thing as putting duals on any other v6 or v8 car, just cause its not built to be a performance car dosent mean it cant be.

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:42 PM
I'm almost completely sure he has no idea at the custom work put into cavs and birds. A second gen stock Z24 could leave a late model V6 mustang sitting in a ditch. anyway, I'm not even about to get into it... I just like how you said "just cause it's not built to be a performance care, doesn't mean it can't be". forget the V engine... go turbo TURRRRRRBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vrrooooom

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:47 PM
it just looks cheaply done, clamps showing...c'mon, cheezy tips...use nice stuff at least
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:19 PM
mitch martin wrote:it just looks cheaply done, clamps showing...c'mon, cheezy tips...use nice stuff at least

who's are you referring to exactly? I guarantee it's nobody's here at the org... speaking of which, if you don't have a j-body why are you here in the first place?

Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:18 PM
Mitch if your talkin about mine I really dont give a @!#$ and your right it as cheeply done. But remember this one and only thing it's MY CAR I WILL DO WHAT I WANT TO IT!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, February 14, 2005 9:00 AM
So, Larry, how bout it? MAKE ME AN EXHAUST!

Monday, February 14, 2005 9:13 AM
sorry i wouyld be embarassed to ride in it and i do have a j so keep talkin budd
Monday, February 14, 2005 9:45 AM
whatever, I hate bashers and I'm not immature enough to start fighting in replies. Not to mention I'm not about to start wasting my posts. I just wanna know one thing... if you have a j, as you said, and you joined the jbo, which is obvious... the question would be, why would you bash anothers ride when the jbo is all about custom and we are a group of enthusisasts? So, I'm done with this thread.

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:46 PM
Arch, bud, I think you need a new sig. If you want one catch me on AIM, my name is voidphilosophy

Monday, February 14, 2005 6:30 PM
well the thing is your not riding in my ride. So dont worry about it. It's mine plain and simple and you dont have to like it. but do me 1 small favor keep your dickheaded comments to yourself. if you dont have any good advice you give bounce outa here.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, February 14, 2005 10:34 PM
ill second that motion!!!!
look i don't see why everyone has to push what they think is "best" or "looks good" on everyone else
i mean come on diversity is what makes life worth living
not craping on someone elses idea of what looks good or what ever
if you don't like it fine.....
if you want to voice your opinion fine thats your right........
all we ask is that you do it respectfully weather you do or not is your choice all we can do is ask!!!!!!

Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:37 PM
i have duals on mine...love the sound...

Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:59 PM
dude any 16 year old can have access to a mustang ...around here every 16 year old has a cheaply done j like u that looks like cheese...im sayin if u do it..do it right...look at some of the cars on here then look at yours and there you go
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search