motor has no power - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor has no power
Saturday, February 05, 2005 3:25 PM
Hello every one I have a big problem !My 91 sunbird le 2.0 ohc has lost all power in the motor. it was running fine then it stalled I have fire ,compression,gas,new fuel filter,changed computor and still no power. it will run with lots of work but rough idle and when its running if i touch the gas it dies its like the timing has jumped but when i bring #1 to tdc the distibutor is pointing to #1 WOW now thats done and said any brain waves might be of great help, thanx guys.

Re: motor has no power
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:01 PM
take it to a shop an let them have the headache
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:33 AM
I had an '87 Supra that did the exact same thing. I spent ~$3600 on having mechanics work on it. When none of their solutions made a difference I took it upon myself to find the cause of the problem. I worked on that car very nearly every single day for almost three years.

I finally took care of the problem last summer: Popped the hood and fired fifteen 12ga slugs into the engine bay.

Salvage yard gave me $50 for it. They told me they would have given me $100 if I hadn't Swissed it. That was $50 worth of therapy right there. The wife calls that closure.

Before you insult a man, first walk a mile in his shoes -

That way you have a mile head start and his shoes.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:17 PM
Your EGR valve could be stuck open, you could have a load of bad fuel or maybe a weak coil. Your PCV valve could be junk and stuck open too. Good luck.

Tony

Tony
1987 Sunbird GT turbo convert
Ported intake, Fiero 53 MM TB, 52 lb inj, ported and flowed head, tube header, Mitsu TD06, ARP rod
bolts/head studs, adj cam sprocket, 4" x 12" x 31" FMIC, Paxton AFPR, modified 125 trans/LSD
unit/3.42's, custom chip tuning, Alky Control Methanol injection
13.61 ET at 101.44 mph, 262 WHP/350WTQ

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP roadster, 2.0 turbo w/GMPP exh, CAI and turbo upgrade, 290 hp/325 ft lbs

1969 Olds 442 convert
400 Eng, 200-4R trans, 3.73 posi, power everything, OAI

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search