Well, I think im gonna do it... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well, I think im gonna do it...
Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:58 PM
Got the side skirts off a Z24 today....think that, to keep it all uniform, im gonna get the rear and front bumpers, which means a whole front end conversion....

Re: Well, I think im gonna do it...
Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:04 PM
actualy, it doesnt. i helped a guy put a full phaze 1 z24 kit on his 94 sunbird 4 door, and then agian on his 92 sunbird 2 door. all we had to swap up front was the rebar for the bumper. we also did the z24 headlight and grill swap later down the road, but wasnt needed.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:51 PM
Yeah, but I'm willing to bet everything I own he had an LE? Cause the SE/GT have different headlights, which F's up the whole front end...here is how my car is broken up:

Red = fenders
Blue = Header panel
Purple = Hood (duh)
Green = bumper
White = headlight doors

Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:57 PM
I have the front bumper for sale if you are looking for one... 60+shipping... not a bad price considering its in perfect condition...
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:54 PM
thats right, i forgot that the se/gt had a 1st gen front on the phase 1 cars. his car was an le (his 2 door anyways, 4 door was an se) but they were both phase 2 cars.

anyways, the front end swap isnt an easy thing. another friend of mine just put a first gen z24 front on his 90 z24. its more than a bolt on, there is a lot of drilling and re-working to do.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:09 AM
Im actually thinking about just doing the bumper, and molding the grille onto it....also will chop the fenders to fit it...

Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:32 AM
Keep your stock front end, just chandge the bumper or cutthe fenders like you said. That front is what makes your car unique, not many people around anywere I've been have them and Ilove the look of it Actually I just remembered the front bumper is part of the headlight piece so you need at least to top half of the stock bumper to keep the look of the front end, I think you should cut the Z24 bumper around the fenders (or just cut the fender) and cut the upper half off the Z bumper and replace it with the top half of yourt sunbird bumper, just use that urethane bonder stuff you were telling me about earlier.
But thats alot of work to keep that front end, its what I'm doing to mine soon cause its the only way I can kep that front end and have a Z front, lol
good luck with it

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:29 AM
if you wanted to you can keep your flip up headlights, its been done to a phase 2 z before, check it out http://www.v6z24.com/registry/quantum/

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:28 AM
Thanx for the pics, girlracer! Now just need to find if he did a tut for it

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:09 PM
just ask him, i'm sure he would tell ya

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:51 PM
My dad says he will help to buy the bumpers and tail lights, so I guess it's a go!

Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:13 PM
That blue car has the newer style flip ups. I like the older ones better, but its your car.......If you dont want to do any custom work with the kit I say just do a newer style flip up front end and a Z kit like the car above.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:01 PM
Man Im keepin our old-school flip ups

Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:12 PM
Picked up the bumpers today Will have pics this evening!

Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:07 PM
Front bumper:

Rear bumper:

And ran across my car's evil twin in the parking lot....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search