some questions ???? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
some questions ????
Monday, February 21, 2005 8:22 PM
what all do i need to lower my 90 cavalier , and what types of springs, shocks, etc. does the org recommend ?

would like to know so i can get some parts ordered and car ready for the summer

also who would be the best company to order a body kit from ?

and if anything else is recommended for the cavy ?? !??!

thanks to all those we respond and help me out !

Re: some questions ????
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:41 PM
suspension: sprint, kyb, bilstein and eibach.

body kit: depends on the kit you want. I've ordered thru Diza, but they only offer the Hurricane. Onderground offers the Sport, Drifter and Vader kits I believe, but rumor has it their service sucks. There's always Razzi.

what else are you looking to do?

Check out the sticky

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:04 AM
Visit the J Body FAQ site for links to all the suppliers.

Me personally-
suspension- KYB/Eibach because Eibachs are the only spring available to us that will improve handling and not just lower the car
body kit- I really don't recommend any of the companies (except maybe FX and Razzi). No matter what kit you order, it will take alot of work to make it fit correctly (except the Razzi becasue it really doesn't replace anything, only add to it)

I would say check out V6Z24 for your performance questions. Whats your name over there?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:52 AM
James Cahill wrote:Visit the J Body FAQ site for links to all the suppliers.

Me personally-
suspension- KYB/Eibach because Eibachs are the only spring available to us that will improve handling and not just lower the car
body kit- I really don't recommend any of the companies (except maybe FX and Razzi). No matter what kit you order, it will take alot of work to make it fit correctly (except the Razzi becasue it really doesn't replace anything, only add to it)
quote]

I agree with the suspension combo. but if you don't go with eibach for whatever reason, price anything... sprint I'd say are the second best springs out there for us. all personal opinion of course.

as for the body kit, true, anything you do is gonna take work... some kits do come a little simpler to install than others tho, direct bolt-on is a plus. but if you're not too keen on body work, take it to your local body shop, they oughtta fix you up for less than a hundred bux I'd imagine. The people at Diza have been most excellent with me. I'm actually ordering from them again today.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:23 AM
over at V6Z24 my username is guppy

so all i need to lower my car is springs and struts/shocks
nothing like a camber kit or better strut bars

was thinking of going with the fx kit fully
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:35 AM
I like the front bumper and side skirts from the combat kit from FX.

initially, all you need to lower your car are springs, but struts and shocks are always a good idea to go along with it. eventually, I'd like to have my entire suspension cusomized. my choice of springs are eibachs, they tend to be a bit more expensive than the rest but in that case, you get what you pay for I believe. With my research and from what some of my friends have vouched for, the KYB and Koni offer the best shocks and struts. I'm iffy, but I think I'll end up going Koni myself. where are you located guppster?

Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:39 PM
stay away from onderground. there service sucks, turn around time blows, and quality is cheap. mine wasn't wavey, but it was short on the driver side fender, and the driver side front under the head light was way off.

go thru diza or FX designs. personally i like the diza kit the best. but i have the onderground Survior bumper.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:15 AM
from central Pa, bout 45 minutes north of harrisburg on I-81

hey thanks for the help guys and should be making some orders at the end of the week
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:58 AM
I'm making some orders this coming week myself. check out coximports.com that's where I've found some of the best online prices and where I'll personally be ordering from for now on. I'm getting my eibachs for $233.83, my KYB shocks $29.86 apiece and KYB struts $56.52 apiece. for all of that, I'm getting a new suspension for $406.59 (minus a camber kit, but cambers aren't too expensive). OK... I probably got more into detail than you cared but long story short, visit the site for yourself.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:03 PM
arch wrote:(minus a camber kit, but cambers aren't too expensive).

A camber kit isn't needed for our cars. Just by using the slotted holes in the struts, you can get about 2 degrees either way of adjustment, which is much more than needed for ths type of suspension when its lowered. The only thing a camber kit would do for you is give you the option to adjust it more easily. You can put one in if you want, but its not needed, and any shop that tells you otherwise needs to get set straight.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:43 PM
I wasn't planning on getting a camber kit personally... the eibachs will only set me down about an inch, which isn't enough negative camber that can't be accounted for with your struts. for us the only time a camber kit would be necessary is if we went extreme and tried for some sort of 3 inch drop or something.. which by the way, to my knowledge, there isn't a spring that offers that much of a drop for us anyway... either way, would be too much for me. I'm just getting new springs, struts and shocks. James would you reconmend new mounts though?

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:43 PM
Yup, upper strut and shock mounts. I ended up pulling my suspension back out after the first time I did it just to put those in and get rid of the squeaks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search