MPFI swappers? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MPFI swappers?
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:58 PM
I have most of the parts to swap MPFI onto my new 90 Cavalier, but the one thing I'm curious about is fuel delivery...

The Hollander interchange manuals show the gas tanks have a different capacity between 90 and 92. I'm curious if that is the only difference, or if the hole for the fuel pump and sender is different as well. I'm also wondering what the best way to plumb the new system will be.... Budget is key.

One thought was to just grab the lines from pump to motor and do it that way. Rust and lack of these cars at the junkyard make that difficult. My other thought was if fuel lines from another car could possibly interchange.... I saw a Beretta at the yard with a 2.0 TBI that had lines that looked similar under the hood and used the pushlock fittings like I need for the MPFI. Another alternative would be to try and get some adapters or whatever to piece it all together..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

JLP
01' 5 speed Z <--- 03' 15.2 @ 90
79' Blue Monte <--- 03' 12.18 @ 110.86

Re: MPFI swappers?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:20 PM
As far as I know, the fuel pump will fit, as well as the lines. On the engine side, you may need to change the end (I'm not positive, since I didn't need to do it ).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search