SERPENTINE BELT: - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SERPENTINE BELT:
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:42 AM
Is there a trick to getting one on? Please tell me everything you know.

Re: SERPENTINE BELT:
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:16 AM
i dont know but, when i re-built my head me and my friend who worked on all kinds of cars for 20yrs. couldn't get the one that pep boys said went on there. i ended up getting one an inch bigger and still hardly got it on and befor some one says we routed it wrong we checked it 5or 6 times and tried a bunch of different ways.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:50 AM
After I read your other post, I think you should take out the top and rear alternator bolts, leaving just the long one in, so it pivots. Get the belt around everything, and then use something to pull the alternator back into place and put the two bolts in. New belts are pretty tight when they first go on.

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:34 PM
ya i tried that and it was still too tight to even budge as a mater of fact today i realized that it had been too tight for a while cuz the shaft that holds the power -steering pump is bent and now its sezed up im going to have to get a new one thanks alot pep-boys right sized belt my ass.
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:50 PM
use a short 15 mm wrench...not a stubby...and push as hard and as far as you can

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:29 AM
It should be a 77.5" belt without A/C. I think its 82 or something with A/C.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:42 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search