what kind of speakers? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what kind of speakers?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:28 AM
hey there, im just wondering what size speakers i could fit into the dash openining on a 92 sunbird, since the 3.5" speakers that are in there right now arent even full-range, they are just tweeters... so, has anybody put in actual speakers in there?

Re: what kind of speakers?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:30 AM
i put 4" rockfords in...took some finese...but they went...they sound amazing too...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:38 PM
i took out my crappy 3.5's too.. my tweeters sit in there right now (with some minor modification.. just to fill up some space and make them sit right.

not trying to jack the post on you, just a side question. any of you guys attempt putting speakers in your doors? just curious.. i have Rockford Fanatic X mids and tweeters, the mids are 6.5" and i dont really know anyone who can fiberglass kick panels for me. looks like some work would be involved for this, not to mention sound proofing. but just curious.

somewhat related topic i guess.. but if i jacked your post Mike i apologize..

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:47 PM
its ok... i tried puttin a 4x6 speaker in that hole, and it fits perfectly, just takes some force to jam it in there... haha i guess now i just have to find some good/cheap 4x6's
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:05 PM
not a bad idea at all! what year 2nd Gen do you have?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:12 PM
mine is 92... also, could u tell me how to remove the rear deck thing to put in the 6x9's in there... thanks
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:15 PM
also... how the hell do i adjust the passenger side mirror... i looked everywhere, couldnt find it, even tried moving it wit my hands, its stuck or sumthin.,..
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:43 PM
push hard. Mine's really hard to get right, its easier to sit in the driver's seat and have someone do it from the passenger's. I don't even use my side mirrors anymore, the passenger one is impossible to get how I want it, and the drivers is always pointed at the ground to keep headlights out of my face at night. I just use the rearview.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:08 PM
i have a '91 Sunbird, i put my 6x9s in from the bottom. i took the crap factory 6x9s out and i used the factory 6x9 brackets to hold my new 6x9s in from the bottom. so i pretty much layed down in my trunk looking up at the bottom of the rear deck and got started with the new 6x9s

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:19 PM
crazykev81 wrote:, i put my 6x9s in from the bottom. i took the crap factory 6x9s out and i used the factory 6x9 brackets to hold my new 6x9s in from the bottom. so i pretty much layed down in my trunk looking up at the bottom of the rear deck and got started with the new 6x9s

Thats exactly how I done mine as well.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:35 PM
oh so i dont have to actually put the mounting brackets on top of the rear deck? i guess that would work haha

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:16 PM
lol yea exactly... its ALOT easier to just tackle the 6x9 situation from the bottom

yes sir, snap 'em right in underneath the rear deck

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:16 PM
^^^definately...to take the deck out you have to take the back off of the rear seat and all kindsa jazz you dont wanna have to tackle...just put those things in and be done with it...

Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:26 AM
when i put the 6x9's in my car i actually tore the bcak seat out and took the rear dash off and custom made speaker brackets for them. then i put the dash back on and it doesnt look like i have aftermarket speakers, and u cant tell from looking in the trunk because they sit a little bit higher in the trunk. It sounds great and looks even better.

Sam
Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:12 PM
on the front speaker thing, this is my 2 cents i got infinity refrence int the front the went in like cake. but the bolts can be a pain the. but again thats my opinion.

When in doupt, grub.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:17 PM
its not hard to pull the rear deck off(just noticed one post about it) took me like no time to do my custom rear deck check it out on cardomain my SN is wckddudeman

red vinyl and MDF looks awesome

not all speakers are easily mountable from below though... you can always move them into the rear side panels

wicked
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search