FOG LIGHT installation help - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FOG LIGHT installation help
Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:07 PM
hey guys i got a set of fog lights but i can't figure out how i will mount them as far as the drilling holes in my bumber since i can't fit a drill in the opening, the car is a phase II z24, did you have to take the bumper off to do this. How do i take the bumper off if this is needed. thanks in advance

Re: FOG LIGHT installation help
Thursday, March 31, 2005 3:21 PM
Okay. so you got the Z24...its hard to get a power drill in there. My solution? Don't mount them to the actual bumper, if you look in the engine bay there's that big plastic piece in front of the radiator/fan. WELL....you can easily get a nut on the other side of that bolt for mounting, and if you mount them near the outer-most part of that plastic piece, its basically to the edges of the air dam.

Just my $0.02, but it was hella easy to remove them when I needed to, and they looked just fine .

-----------------------
1997 Cavalier Z24
1992 Cavalier Z24 - *RIP*
"I consistently feel like something's missing out of the new cavvy. I'm pretty sure its 2 cylinders."
Friday, April 01, 2005 8:34 AM
i dunno really where you mean. I just looked and i can't figure out how to get that off because you still can't get a drill in there to drill holes. Is there any one that knows how to take the front bumper off like exact instructions? thnx in advance for any help guys

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:57 AM
Self-tapping screws and a small screwdriver are also a good answer.

-----------------------
1997 Cavalier Z24
"I consistently feel like something's missing out of the new cavvy. I'm pretty sure its 2 cylinders."
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:59 AM
What about a soldering iron to punch through the plastic, then use small machine screws and washers to hold them in place.

You'll probably ruin the tip of the iron but its a small price to pay
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:36 PM
Crap, if you're wiling to burn holes, why not just go buy yourself a $5 butane pocket torch. No tip to ruin, and I've melted a penny with one of those bad boys.

-----------------------
1997 Cavalier Z24
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:25 AM
any other ideas besides burning lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search