Custom wide body kit - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom wide body kit
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:34 PM
I have some updated pics of my custom wide-body progress. I would have been done with it a while ago, but I just got back from Iraq. Let me know what you think.

Re: Custom wide body kit
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:04 PM
Sorry, forgot to post the link: http://members.cardomain.com/aarontaz7
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:09 PM
Looks like its coming along nicely... It'll hot when its done.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:18 PM
i remember your post when you started on it... it look like it had step sides. lol.

now its coming along pretty good. but um... wow! that's wide.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:44 PM
Looks good, cant wait to see it done. I'd like to see it with the front fenders done, I got a pretty good idea of what your going to do and it looks sweet.
What guage sheet metal are you useing?

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:37 AM
i`ll wait to give my opinion, but it does look a little too wide

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:04 AM
I like it, theres no such thing as to wide........unless you doulbe the width of the car, lol thats a little extreme.
A long as its done nicley and flows well like his is in the rear I think it looks fine.

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:18 PM
How much modification to the "black widow" civic kit did you have to do to get it to fit? much at all?
Monday, April 04, 2005 1:28 PM
looks good...i just wanna see it done before i throw out my final opinion...i just hope you like it when your done...thats a lot of work to wanna get rid of it...

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:39 PM
Thanks for looking and the opinions. Well, as far as the gauge I am using, I am using 22, which is pretty much the same gauge used on all cars. I't's about 50 dollars a sheet, so it isn't too bad. As far as modification to the civic bumper, the rear was all I needed to do. The front was suprisingly wider than the rear. So it kind of sticks out, but it is the overall width of the car, so no modification there. And I think I'm going to keep this car for quite sometime. I got lucky in getting parts for it. I plan on making it rear wheel drive. I bought a carburated 350 small black for about 500 dollars, and I also bought 2 F-body rear ends for a total of 150 dollars. They are both in excellent condition, so I will use the better of the two and sell the other one on e-bay or something. I am looking for a 6 speed transmission but a 5 will suffice for now.
The interior has changed just a little bit. I am going to fiberglass the dash and get rid of that space in the middle of the dash, and do some other things. I will probally buy a 160 mph speedometer, a 3 inch tach and other gauges, they'll all be indiglo. I have racing seats and harnesses, but no pics yet. And I had to get another stereo, someone stole my Eclipse head unit out of my car while I was in Iraq, so I bought a kenwood with a removable faceplate instead.
One question though, what color do you think will go well with the car? I have an idea of using Porshe Carrera GT hyper silver with black overtone. Any other ideas?
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:07 PM
Coming along nicely.

Iraq, heh? Where exactly?

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:19 PM
I was in TQ (Taqqaddam), Marine Corps
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:04 PM
it would look nice a darker color i think

it's gonna cost what?!?!
0MG 1 AM D157URB1NG 73H P34C3 C4U53 1 7YP3 1N 1337, LOL!!!!111!1!1
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:45 PM
I guess I can do a darker color, but I will probally make it pewter grey. And I added some more pics, this time of the front bumper and some more interior pics.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:57 PM
yeah i think it is going to look good too.. i love original ideas! hope it all works out!

about the pillar guage pods i see on your page... did you make that dual pod yourself, or did you buy it? if so, i am wondering what brand it is and what car it is made for
i would love a guage setup like yours and i see some very nice looking 2" guages at Cosmo Dynamic on eBay!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:49 PM
Thanks. As far as the gauge pod goes, I believe it was a Faze gauge pod. It is universal. You would have to do the molding yourself though, best you use a heat gun. I am going to get some indiglo gauges and take those out, as well, as make it a 3 gauge pod and get an Air/Fuel ration gauge.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:17 PM
sweet, i wrote the name down... will look into those! yeah i see sweet looking guages on eBay
Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search