trouble finding exhausts - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trouble finding exhausts
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:34 AM
i have a 92 sunbird le 2door and i need to replace my exhaust real bad. it leaks and is real loud and it sounds like crap. i figured why not replace it with performance parts. i went to a couple local performance shops...no luck. i searched all over the internet. some luck. Mantaparts seems to be the only place i can find and exhaust for my car. but they only offer a cat back exhaust. and i want a whole replacement. does any one have any suggestions or have a performance exhaust from anywhere? if i get a header from mantaparts and they says it includes a collector is that the down pipe to the cat?

Re: trouble finding exhausts
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:43 AM
forget about getting a prebuilt one. What would be nice is is go to a muffle shop and have them build you one. inlarge your pipe size and order maganflow (spelling) both high flow cats and a muffler. this will give you gains and MIGHT be the same price as buying one plus shipping... you can also just get a maganflow cat. and just get an aftermarket muffler. Like a ricer one or whatever floats your boat. Whatever you go with upgrading your pipe size and flow will do the job.... around here you can get a whole set up done for 125-175
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:59 PM
Avoid Mantapart.

Josh
SLK 32

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:45 PM
go to your local muffler shop and say this is what i want.

I.E.

I'd like to have a performance muffler installed with all the piping to the cat. at 2 1/2". also i'd like any holes replaced with new piping. Why your at it, add on a performance cat.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:52 PM
Don't go bigger than 2.25 unless your car is forced induction.... assuming you have a 2.2, anyways. I'd go with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler, it's got a deeper tone than say, a Magnaflow, but some people like it more raspy

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:50 PM
Whore wrote:Avoid Mantapart.

??
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:53 PM
does anyy one else other than mantapart make an exhaust manifold for the 2.0l in a 1992 sunbird?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:09 PM
pace setter headers fit the 2.2L but idk about anything else.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:32 PM
My old muffler:

My new setup (made from straight tubing at the local muffler shop....$160 installed.

Got a set of custom tips going on as soon as the car comes outta paint...

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:17 AM
looks good...

1993 Gmc Astrolade In Progress! Escalade Front End 20 Rims N Spinners! Caddy Tails, Caddy Logo Pushed In Glass, Huge System
1998 Chevy Cavalier Rally Sport - Cold Air Intake, Many More Soon
1993 Chevy Cavalier - Soon Project 5 Speed Turbo Dreams
1990 Chevy Cavalier 5 Speed - R.i.p
1993 Pont Sunbird 4 Door - R.i.p
1997 Chevy Cavalier - R.i.p
1987 Chevy Astro - R.i.p
1990 Ford Probe - R.i.p
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:25 PM
i went the easy way out and ran down to a local Napa and picked up the replacement 2" pipes but i went with a high flow magnaflow cat direct-fit (surprised it exists) and a dynomax "superturbo" (with a name like that its gotta add like 20 hp......only after i put the sticker on my rear wind shield)..........sorry i was just thinking like i had a civic lol

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:28 PM
hmmmm i think i came across a bit of a problem though. my exhaust manifold flange is real rusty......hmmm il just cut below it ...unless anyone has a better suggestion
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:31 PM
lol. brilliant. I think ya gotta get the Huge window decal for extra HP tho.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search