HELP - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:35 PM
I took my car to a garage to have some minor work done.Normally I would have done it myself but didnt have time.The morrons that was soposed to fix it screwed it up worse
all I needed them to do was change the oil pump(Really hard job)NOT anyway they said they rebuilt it and now it leaks like crazy. How crazy? well in a 10min drive it went through4.5 qrts of oil and the rounded the crank bolt off so I cant get to the oil pump to change it myself. does anyony have any suggestions on how to get the crank bolt out ?
any suggestions would be awsome.With it leaking like that I cant get to the track to see if all my hard work paid off> So please help

Re: HELP
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:48 PM
Heat it up with a torch and then hammer a socket that's only a little bit too small onto it then spin it off. You'll ruin the socket most likely, but at least it'll get it off.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 1:20 AM
couple ways, one ( which isnt cheap, goto sears and get them striped bolt remover thingies) i got a set the screw ones suck haven't tried the hex one's yet, 2 you could CAREFULLY grind 2 of the sides flat and use vise grips and heat, easy outs, if you live in the Sault Ste. Marie area i can bring you tools to help you
Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:33 AM
id take it back to the mf's who did the poor work and tell them to fix it and get you a new bolt, and dont let them charge you for it eather
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:18 PM
thanks for the input but I got it off. they torqued it to around 100ft.lbs I heated it up and took an air compressor to it. It took almost 200 lbs of preasure to get it off.
any way when I finally got it off I found they had put the wrong seal in it and didnt have it seated correctlly so I orderd everything I needed to get it done and it should be done 2marow they even put the wrong oil sending unit in.they put one in for a gauge not a light. I called them and told them they were idiots and just cause I have a boost and air fuel gauge didnt mean I had a oil pressure gauge(not yet) and they said all we did was look and seen you had gauges. what morons
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search