Wiper Arm Removal - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wiper Arm Removal
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:14 PM
Anyone know how to remove the wiper arms on a 92 rs? I've looked everywhere and i can't find it

Re: Wiper Arm Removal
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:25 PM
On the top, at the arm down near the point where it turns, there is a small metal tab sticking out on the top side...pop that open with a flathead screwdriver, then just pull the arm off from the socket side...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:42 PM
Its a bitch to get off, so when you're trying, remember to just rock it back and forth to break it loose. BTW - I just ditched the tabs, they served no REAL purpose.

-----------------------
1997 Cavalier Z24
1992 Cavalier Z24 - *RIP*
"I consistently feel like something's missing out of the new cavvy. I'm pretty sure its 2 cylinders."
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:02 PM
awesome guys....i got them finally! lol
I'll post some pics of this friggin car soon...i'm still wokring on the body, and then its off to paint! YAY!!!
Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:17 PM
Steve L wrote:Its a bitch to get off, so when you're trying, remember to just rock it back and forth to break it loose. BTW - I just ditched the tabs, they served no REAL purpose.

They lock the wiper arm from coming loose.........the metal tab under it slides under the part attatched to the linkage, and doesn't allow it to go anywhere

Duro
Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:31 PM
[
They lock the wiper arm from coming loose.........the metal tab under it slides under the part attatched to the linkage, and doesn't allow it to go anywhere

Duro
and when your washing and drying you can keep them up.its easier to get under them, thats if your as anal as me i guess
Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:37 PM
Steve L wrote:Its a bitch to get off, so when you're trying, remember to just rock it back and forth to break it loose. BTW - I just ditched the tabs, they served no REAL purpose.

lol! those tabs are what release the wiper arm. Raise the arm up, and pull that tab, they come right off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search