2.0L OHC Turbo Swap Q's - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0L OHC Turbo Swap Q's
Saturday, June 04, 2005 12:31 AM
Ive got a 94 Sunbird LE with a 2.0L SOHC N/A motor ,and was curious if i went with a turbo swap from the older GT 2.0L Turbo motors, what would have to be changed? Can i just mount the new Exhaust manifold, turbo, tubing, ECU stuff, or do i need to get a distributor, as im running on coil packs now. Also, can the PCM be reflashed to work with the Turbo values instead of the changing the ECU for an ECM? Also, is the bottom end going to be able to handle the boost, the motor's got a new head about 5k miles about, and shes got about 143k on her now..

Re: 2.0L OHC Turbo Swap Q's
Saturday, June 04, 2005 5:27 AM
just switch the whole moter, ecm, wiring harness. the turbo engine has better pistons that can handle the boost. n/a engines arent built ot handle the boost. if you just slap a turbo on your going to end up frying something.

"dude that amp can fry an elephant" - event
Re: 2.0L OHC Turbo Swap Q's
Saturday, June 04, 2005 6:59 AM
Most of the answers to these questions are in my 2.0 FAQ which is still up on the front page so read through that to help with turboing your car.
Its a good idea to put a distributor on it and run the turbo wiring and computer because it accepts boost the computer knows what boost is so it adjusts for it by adding fuel and it adjusts the timming so you dont get detonation if you want to keep the DIS then you'll have to heve the turbo computer re calibrated to accept it.
And like said above the turbo motor has better pistons, there forged to take boost and there dished to lower compression so you dont blow up when boost builds up, but the block is pretty much the same if you want to use a NA block it has to be tapped for the oil feed lines to teh turbo, the crank, rods and head are the same between the Na and turbo and thats about it, also if your a 5 speed you might want to lookinto getting a turbo transmission as its the stronger getrag compared to the NA isuzu.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search