just curious - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just curious
Monday, June 20, 2005 1:56 PM
i was looking at buying a sunbird to buy for gas milage/winter beater
i cannot remeber the year but it had a 2.0 ohc and 130000 miles and wasn't in to bad of shape it needs a front end alignment and new front brakes and possibly some tie rod ends....are these cars pretty good/reliable cars??????
any input would be kindly appreciated

Re: just curious
Monday, June 20, 2005 9:15 PM
check for rust: rear tire wells, strut towers, fire wall, floor panels in the cabin, and the trunk.
If it runs good these motors are pretty strong, mine runs good got 40k less than that one but depending on the asking price these cars are great

wicked
Re: just curious
Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:48 PM
I bought a 94 with the 2.0OHC, and other than a head gasket and new head, nothing major mechanicly, i did get new suspension components, (shocks, struts, ball joints, etc) as well as tires, but for $500, its been a pretty good car despite my abuse (im pretty hard on it) they handle really well, and very good in the winter, and gas mileage wasnt too bad once i replaced my foot with something lighter than lead, i think getting my tranny fluid flushed made a big difference though, went from 18-19mpg to well over 28 (23 personally, my dad got 26-28) again, depends on the driver.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search