NEED MAJOR HELP WIRING PROBLEM - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED MAJOR HELP WIRING PROBLEM
Saturday, August 06, 2005 5:34 PM

Hey Guy/ Gals

Anyone that know anything about the 94 sunbird with a 2.0l motor
I have some problems with the cluster. I have two good cluster here at home and i can not get the speedometer to work on either of them.

Any ideas please help me out,

Thanks

Re: NEED MAJOR HELP WIRING PROBLEM
Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:58 PM
it may not the cluster. i had a 91 2.2L cavalier and the speedometer didn't work either. I found out that it was the magnet in the tranny that went bad. i really don't know 2.0L really well but you could start there or look at the cable. i don't know if the car has a cable or a magnet. find out and go from there.

Nick
Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:14 PM
check to make sure your wire isn't snapped, frayed, ect. Make sure you have a connection at your ecu/tranny/gauge cluster.

it may be the speed sensor in the tranny... do a ohm test and if it come out O.L. its probably bad.

also do a voltage test at a few points in the wires... (this of course with the car running)

Sunday, August 07, 2005 11:38 PM
In my 89 2.0L Sunbird, ever since I bought the car, the engine temp gauge hasnt worked. Swapped clusters, put in a new sensor, no change. sometime this week I will probably try following the wire from the sensor to the dash, see if it frayed or tore...

Monday, August 08, 2005 6:55 PM
thanks guys,

i had a 3.1 94 z24 and everything i knew.

But i just this bck in september and i rebuilt the motor and tranny myself and i am looking into a turbo for it now and body kit

YES YES it isonly my winter car but your have to rollnice all year round.

I have low rider mini truck with hydros for the summer

Later thanks alot
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search