should i buy it 2.0 turbo - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
should i buy it 2.0 turbo
Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:58 PM
i can get a sunbird 2.0 tubo motor for 100 bucks should i get it its compleat but the heads cracked i got a 1994 2.0 sohc 5speed sunbird

Re: should i buy it 2.0 turbo
Friday, August 17, 2007 6:00 PM
i'd buy it in a heartbeat. new head/headgasket=cheap speed. could run low 14's, high 13's for a grand or so

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Friday, August 17, 2007 10:39 PM
If I came across one I would buy it to build it, then drop it into my car then sell the one I have (I'd switch the turbos first though).
Sunday, August 19, 2007 1:22 PM
ok thanks for the imput people ill get it where could i find a head for it ive called the local junk yards
Sunday, August 19, 2007 1:23 PM
would i need any of the wiring harness if so where could i find that too because its not in the car
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:20 PM
found one for 150 that runs im gettin it friday its got a disturbitor but i think i can switch it over to have coil packs i think i got to change the cam gear also dose any one know
Friday, September 28, 2007 10:01 AM
to go from distributor to DIS, the cranks are different ive head, as well as the engine blocks, ECMs, wiring harnesses, ect. ect. im pretty sure of that, you would also need a new cam carrier... if you dont mind me asking... why get rid of the distributor anyway? not too much of a difference really... i actually like the distributor better myself...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Friday, September 28, 2007 4:45 PM
im not tryin to thread jack, but i have a similar question, i have 91, 2.0 sunbird, and the junkyard has 2 turbo engines, what would i need off them to put onto mine to turbo it? lol ik a broad question

Friday, September 28, 2007 4:58 PM
cam, pistons, rods, turbo, turbo exhuast manifold, ECM, wiring harness, turbo block (or modify your current one for turbo oil return) and then obvious stuff... piping, ect. ect. id say, just buy a whole turbo engine, with harness and ECM.. it would be much easier than tearing yours down for all this to go in...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search