Possible Car Problems ? HELP - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible Car Problems ? HELP
Wednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on the site and its a question that is kind of hard to explain .. So i will do my best !!!

Ok so first off i have a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier 5 speed 2.2
only thing that has went wrong was my alternator needed to be replaced .. So ive done that and everything is going good now !!!
Well i was driving home the other day from work and my car started to smell like rubber or something so i was a little cautious on what was going on .. I noticed that my car isn't accelerating too good right now for some reason because when in gear it slows down a little bit ,,, Now im not sure if my Brakes are sticking ? My Transmission Is messing up , Or my Clutch is going ? Also i had an idea that maybe i should get new spark plugs and wires to see if maybe that will fix it ? On another note .. My muffler is also got a few holes in it .. And i was wondering if i replaced the muffler .. If it would maybe also fix the problem ?

Well any questions or answers and concerns would be appreciated .. As i do not even know what is wrong with it ?
Thanks to anyone who answers for me

Jon

Re: Possible Car Problems ? HELP
Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:25 AM
is the belt on the alterator super tight ??? or loose???
Re: Possible Car Problems ? HELP
Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:28 PM
Not that i know of .. my alternator went a lil while ago .. so i replaced it and the serpentine belt .. Umm everything was runnin smoth .. So im thinkin maybe brakes are stickin .. transmission is going ? Muffler needs to be replaced .. Or Clutch is going ? No signs of nothing .. I hit the highway the other day got up to 110KM and it started too shake .. so i geared it down a notch .. A little scary driving the car .. ? Any suggestions ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search