Complete rebuild - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Complete rebuild
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:37 PM
what are the best parts i can throw in......

what kind of connecting rod and crank bearings are the best....?

im not replacing my pistons because they look new....but i might do connecting rods.
any specific connecting rods ?

Re: Complete rebuild
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:39 PM
1988 2.0L turbo sunbird.
Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:26 PM
im not sure who makes rods, but check out some european sites, they may have some more stuff. i personally like clevite 77 bearings, use them for both the rods and mains. personnally, anything more than 18psi id change the pistons. i know factory are forged but they are mass produced forged. aftermarket forged pistons are higher quality and will survive better. id also consider head studs. i know arp doesnt make a kit, but you may be able to find some the right length and thread that will work. i know some have had the blocks machined for 1/2" studs, but thats overkill.

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:57 AM
Rods... search toga H beam rods for a 2.0 DOHc 16V vauxhall ... they fit.. if you want to go forged those are the cheapest... pistons are fine.. i think anyway, theyre forged from the factory.. i agree with the clivette 77 main and rod bearings, other stuff, if your wanting to go performance, 3 angle valve job, port and polish everything, and get it port matched.. list goes on.. what are you looking for out of it really?

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search