Wheatherstripping... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheatherstripping...
Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:38 PM
I have an 89 sunbird LE 2 door, and was wondering if anyone knew where to get the peice of wheatherstrip like... its on the outside, theres one on the door panel as well on the inside, theyre like hard rubbery like strips, go on the bottom of the window, mine have cracked and the wheatherstrip part has just fallen off, so when it rains, water gets in, and sits in the car... ive searched for these everywhere... any help would be greatly appriciated.. can get pics if your not sure what wheatherstip im talking about, thanks in advance for any help...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"

Re: Wheatherstripping...
Monday, October 15, 2007 6:03 AM
ha good luck, besides a rippin them outa a junk yard i havnt hear any place that sells em, even body shops i go to say gm does make them anymore, but hopefully you'll have better luck than me...but best bet, junk yard and hope to find decent peice

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:11 AM
the only real chance you will have is with a junkyard. . I had the same problem with my old second gen, may she rest in piece.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:56 PM
Crap... how long does this stuff usually last? i mean.. it didnt take long for the sunbirds to crack and fall out peice by peice...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:25 AM
They are called window sweeps. I got new ones for mine. I will see if I can locate the receipt and let you know where I got them from.

brien
89 Z24
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:08 AM
They were available 3 years ago. Convertible outers ran $130. Per side. At wholesale cost.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:11 AM
Itd be nice to get some new ones... ive looked at junkyards and all the ones i found are crappy.... but i dont especially want to spend $110 or near that one them eithe.. i was thinking maybe like $60 tops... but it all depends on my money situation..

Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:53 PM
Has anyone found a source for the window sweeps? I have a 93 z24 convertible and the ones I have are toast. Even Armorall couldn't save them.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 4:06 PM
Try this link to GM parts direct.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

brien
89 Z24
Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:56 PM
Thanks Brien for the link. At least they show the ones for the door windows. I've emailed them about the rear window pieces. GM is sure proud of them aren't they? It always seems that way on a part they know is crap.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:22 PM
Really? I looked and it said contact dealer for part #.. do you have a link to where these are on the site? I have a 2 door... looking for the outside peice that goes against the window.. thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:17 PM
Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:05 PM
That link didnt bring anything up, i searched make, year and model and all, and looked at anything and everything i could think of that it could be under, and nothing... it doesnt even have 89 for sunbird... i had to go 90... on the year that it... anyone have a link that takes me stright to it? or guide me through what i have to go to to find them? thanks

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:54 PM
these are for the coupes out there

#22598003 - Left window felt, exterior
#22598002 - Right window felt, exterior

GM has them around still. they're soemthing like 50 bucks a side, but if you take care of them they *should* last. They're on my list of parts to buy, mine are cracked a bit, but not too brittle, and no pieces have broken off yet, so i'll wait.....

14.84 @ 92.04mph

Outdated sig pic FTW!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:56 AM
Thanks!!! Thats what ive been looking for lol, i looked everywhere for these... hard to find... thanks again... ill be picking some of these up pretty soon, as puddles of water set in the car when it rains ... thanks again, big help!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search