side moldings and badges! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
side moldings and badges!
Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:46 PM
hey guys uhhh got a 94 bird. annd i wanna get the side moldings off... but before i do, i wanna make sure there are no bolt holes that i'll have to fix and also if it might wreck the paint by pulling them off.. heres a pic of the side...and yes i know there is rust on the door, but im waiting till the weather warms up to fix it...and i wanna know if i should wait to take the mouldings offf... any help would be wicked! thanks

Re: side moldings and badges!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:13 PM
well my 92 4door didint have any holes behind the moldings, just do what i did used a heat gun and a rubber scraper, and dome goo-b-gone that worked for me...

heres a pic of my 92 w/o the badges

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:58 PM
sick man, just one more question...how much of a different colour was yyour paint behind the moldings? just wondering if im gonna have to get the doors painted when i was done?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:44 AM
It wasent tooo bad, i just found a little rust on he rear pass side door, sanded primed and painted.

you may needto clean it really good, just depends on your paint.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:37 PM
yeah, it'll be no problem. The sticky stuff is just a pain, that's all. Ripping them off is fun

If the paint is slightly different underneath, just go over it a couple times with some cleaner wax and that should help a lot. If it's bad, just have the car professionally buffed, it'll look purdy.....

14.84 @ 92.04mph

Outdated sig pic FTW!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:44 PM
on my 89 there were a bunch of little metal peices i had to grind off... mine just pulled off, no glue or anything, just sucked grinding... but mine is also an 89 lol

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:58 PM
yeah 92+ cars have the mouldings held on by the double sided tape. 91 and older have those stupid studs, i had a 91, i knwo ALL about them, lol

14.84 @ 92.04mph

Outdated sig pic FTW!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search