just something cool i learned today... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just something cool i learned today...
Friday, December 28, 2007 8:12 PM
My neighbor has a 1993 sunbird vert that has been carefully stashed away in his heated garage since 1994 or 1995........its got 12,000 org. miles and is the nicest one i have ever seen! i have never seen one of this quality! all the paint is as shiney as a new car and it still smells new..the top is still fresh...i just cant believe what i discoverd today! the e-brake is sweet looking too! ill get pics as soon as i get a new camera...just thought i would tell you guys about a piece of history i found.a mint piece of history that he said he would mabey sell for 10,000 ...discuss please

Re: just something cool i learned today...
Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:39 AM
$10k is high even for a mint piece thats 15 years old. Even some of the nicest 2nd gens only go for around $6 at most. Pics would be cool though.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:27 PM
yea if ur talkin bout the e brake i think you r there cool, just a pita. nice find

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 8:34 PM
What would have been sweet is to say u bought the car for little to nothing from a little old lady.But that is cool that some still have the older Js stashed away in cherry condition!Neat find info wise.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:08 PM
The money that a car is worth (any car) is in the eye of the beholder. As far as this find to me it is a diamond in the ruff. As most people just run them to they no longer exist. That is cav's and birds period. If I had the xtra money and the car was minty fresh as it's implied I would give him exactly what he wants and do the same thing with it store it. Kepp it up for another 10-15 years and maybe you could sell it and make some money. The 60-70 model cars are bringing boo koo money at these classic car auctions just imagine what the cars of our days will bring in the next coming years.
Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:47 PM
Blktalon wrote:Kepp it up for another 10-15 years and maybe you could sell it and make some money. The 60-70 model cars are bringing boo koo money at these classic car auctions just imagine what the cars of our days will bring in the next coming years.

this is true, BUT... even 10-15 years from now, are people going to look at a 93 sunbird as being nearly as "cool" as a 60s/70s ride? Not bashing your find, but I doubt that it will be worth very much more than the $10,000 he wants for it for quite a while. Just my opinion.
Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:58 PM
pics yet?

but 10K is quite a bit high, IMO. i mean im sure it could pull down a few grand, but any more than that and its just not worth it.

and our cars will never pull down the same prices as what the muscle cars from the 60s and 70s do. those were all detroit steel and had big engines and mean looks. the cars nowadays are half plastic, half @!#$ty alloy metal. a few look good, but they wont hold up nearly as well as the older stuff.

if you arent convinced yet, think of these two reasons that the older cars are worth so much:
1--baby boomers. there are a ton of them with plenty of disposable income.
2--they didnt make that many of the originals. production runs were generally smaller than they are today. add to that the fact that they were seen as disposable back in the day (50k on an engine was considered time to dump it) and you have low quantity cars sought by fat wallet people.

coming back in 2008...
Monday, January 28, 2008 10:17 PM
Demand determines value. I'm not sure what the demand for a sunbird mint or not is, but $10k is way too high. Seems to me it's a situation where they'll sell it if someone gives them the high price they're asking for it, but if not they'll keep it just like they have been for 15 years. The fact that it still smells new is pretty awesome though lol.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:44 PM
$10,000 is way to high! Try 5 if its in as great of condition as you said it was. I was lucky to find a great one with lower miles running and driving perfectly for $1000, look around for some other deals

Racing isn't a hobby, its a business
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search