I'm buyin' a gen 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm buyin' a gen 2
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:41 PM
$500 from a co-worker who wants a newer vehicle. It's a 4 door with a V6 ('91, so it's got the 3.1L), so I'm swapping the engine into the Beretta. In other words, bye bye 3400 plans. It's kinda too bad, but on the other hand, engines around here are more than a whole car sometimes (I was quoted $1200 for a running 3400 with reasonable mileage), so in the end, it's just better for me.

This does however, leave me with a couple questions:

I was reading on the performance forum that underdriving the crank and alternator pulleys can cause problems with electrical systems sometimes. But despite that, I was looking at the MRZ crank and alt. pulleys. Has anyone used these? Do they cause electrical problems? This will be a year-round car, so electrical problems are a big issue, but at the same time, I don't want a completely stock car (though technically, the engine will constitute it as modified when it goes for inspection, unless I can sneak the 2.8L's er... that plate on top of the motor. What's that called again? The one that says 2.8 MPFI on it. It's been a long day...)

Also, regarding that metal cover I can't remember the name of, What could one to to grind off the lettering and polish it up? I want a clean looking engine bay, and having that flattened off and polished would look great IMO. With the right tools, I doubt it would be that hard. Maybe time consuming, but not hard.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search