clusters - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clusters
Friday, June 06, 2008 1:12 PM
was wondering if anyone knew if same year different model clusters are interchangable? or are there different sensors/ connections?

Re: clusters
Friday, June 06, 2008 2:35 PM
Yes, depending on year. There are some slight mods you may have to do, depending on what you're using. What year car are looking to swap what year cluster into?

Friday, June 06, 2008 2:37 PM
93 manual cluster into the 94 sunbird auto possible? all the guages i think look way cooler .
Sunday, June 08, 2008 5:26 PM
Yes, its possible. There is a How-To for that in the General FAQ in the General forum on V6Z24.com. It requires some simple soldering.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 2:21 PM
if they are both 4cyl cars the cluster drops right in, if its a sunbird you might have to change the pinouts behind the cluster on the dash and maybe run a wire for a tach, i have a tach cluters from a 4cyl bird i just havnt had time to change it out
Saturday, June 14, 2008 7:50 PM

thats the cluster i bought . its off a 93 i dont know if thats a 4 or 6 cyl cluster. where would i run this wire from for the tac??? also what pin outs would have to be changed if you know???
Saturday, June 14, 2008 9:45 PM
i didnt see it over there . i only saw how to remove , like a pretty generic write up.i know how to remove the old one but when i hook up the new one what wires would i have to run for all the guages to to work? does i run off the ecu? or off of sensors?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search