Boosting and 5spd'ing my bird - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boosting and 5spd'ing my bird
Saturday, June 21, 2008 10:17 AM
HI there, ive finally decided to pull the trigger and do the turbo swap, and 5 speed swap on my 94 sunbird. Im going to do the whole thing on a budget using as much junkyard parts as possible without making it unreliable. This is my daily driver so im not going all out, just somthing ive always wanted to do was turbo a car, so it will just be a fun/learning experience. It is my daily like i said so im goign to have to haul ass and get everything done in a weekend or two.

What im doing, is getting a locked up turbo engine and a 5 speed engine out of a 2.0 grand am, tearing the engine apart most the way and see what i find....oil is good, coolant is good, timing belt is good, i assume it must be victim to overheating???? or maybe it locked up from sitting for 2 years. Anyways, im going to use the oil pan and all the other swap parts, I may just go ahead and get a rebuild kit if the price is right and the inside of the engine looks good so i can have everything ready to just swap in, but thats a big if, depends on what i see when i get it apart, remember im on a budget. SImplest case senerio, i just swap the nessisary parts over to my good N/A motor and just run low boost.

And of course the 5 spd swap is self explanitory...

First question i have, the 7749 if i remember right turbo ecm, which i grabbed today, has the different style connectors than my 94 ecm, do i need to swap the ecm wiring also? thanks for and comments or answers

I think ill use this thread for all the swap pics and updates, getting the drivetrain next week.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search