clutch slave - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch slave
Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:16 AM
hello all i have a problem my clutch slave cylinder was bad so i bought a new one. it turns out that the slave thats on there and the new one are different my question is what other 5spd tyranny's will fit the 2.2 second gen? so i could possibly get the wright part.

When in doupt, grub.

Re: clutch slave
Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:50 PM
let me guess the new one doesnt have a bleeder and the one in the car has a bleeder right.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:36 PM
no not really, the rod on the one in the car is too short to disengage the clutch. the new one will not fit in the hole its too big. so i was thinking that the tranny in there may have been replaced at one point.

When in doupt, grub.
Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:10 PM
were did you get the slave from? and do u got the part number. i can cross the part number for u.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:33 PM
ok the part i bought is the napa part 3 UP360002
and the boot end is way too big to fit in the tranny

When in doupt, grub.
Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:43 PM
i belive that is a ford part number. my brother works at napa.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:57 PM
it comes up with the same part if you look on the napa web site. any ideas as to which one is supposed to be in there? btw its a 94 rs 2.2

When in doupt, grub.
Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:55 PM
well i will let you know tomaow.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:09 PM
ok thx

When in doupt, grub.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:14 PM
so i bought a different slave cylinder and it seems that the rod for it is too short. when its put into gear the car wants to roll forward thats assuming that its in 1st. does anyone have any ideas please

When in doupt, grub.
Friday, June 27, 2008 10:33 PM
I may strongly suggest u go to http://www.advanceautoparts.com and do a search for ur car,click the choose car and enter ur info and type in clutch slave cylinder and it will show pics of the part specifically for YOUR car.If the part u initially bought is wrong take it back and get either a refund or the right part for your car.That is the best advice I can give you.And advance has never done me wrong on parts listings or orders ever.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search