Bringing it back from the dead - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bringing it back from the dead
Monday, September 15, 2008 11:37 AM
Well,

After four years of it sitting, I have finally gotten around to putting my '90 cav back together. What started out as a interior conversion ended up being a front to rear inspection and maintenance, paint, and interior conversion. Years ago I decided that I absolutely hated the stock dash that was in there and in my "infinite 18-year old wisdom" took a prybar to it. (I disliked the old dash that much). After I got everything out of the interior, I ran out of $$ and found out that I was about to have a child so the project got put on the back burner until now..

Once I got together some tires and rims, I had it carted over to a garage that I am borrowing space in (I live in an apartment). I did all of the regular maintenance stuff, brakes, oil, etc.. After pulling my dust plate off of the tranny I put some fuel in it and fired it up. It was sooo nice to hear it run again

The real fun started last Saturday when I began the process of fitting a dash from a '98 Grand Prix into a '90 cav. Did a little creative cutting, test fit about five times, and got it in. I keep marvelling at how much better it looks now. Next weekend is going to be rear shocks, brakes, cutting defroster vent holes (at least I was smart enough to keep all of the stuff under the old dash), maybe put some of the interior trim back in. All through the week there will be sanding, mudding, and priming. A couple more weeks and it will be back on the road!!

If I remember to I will post some pics to share the before/after.

~Spongy

Re: Bringing it back from the dead
Monday, September 15, 2008 11:51 AM
it does nothing for me if I can't see pictures...........so post em up!

I don't know j-body's yet........but I will!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search